Sneha Dubey is a 2012 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer. In September 2021, she attained international recognition for slamming Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) for misusing the International platform of UNGA for his false propaganda while supporting terrorism and mentioning the Kashmir issue in his speech. In a response to his speech, Sneha Dubey delivered a speech on 25 September 2021 that went viral on social media where she earned the praise of millions of Indians in her well-narrated reply to Imran Khan.
Sneha Dubey was born in 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in Jamshedpur (Tatanagar) in Jharkhand. She completed her school education at Manovikas School, Margao, Goa. The Times of India After completing her schooling, she went to Fergusson College, Pune to pursue her graduation in 2008. In 2010, she pursued an M.A, M.Phil in Geography and Geopolitics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. The Quint
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is J P Dubey, and he works in a multinational company. Her mother is a teacher. Her brother’s name is Swapnil Dubey, and he is a businessman.
From December 2013 to August 2014, Sneha Dubey served at the Ministry of External Affairs for nine months as an Under-Secretary. She was posted at the Embassy of India in Madrid, Spain as the Third Secretary. Later, she began serving at the United Nations as India’s First Secretary. In September 2021, Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan raised the issue of Kashmir and terrorism at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), and India’s First Secretary to United Nations, ‘Sneha Dubey,’ gave him a fierce reply through her speech on 25 September 2021. She made headlines when her speech went viral on Twitter in which she slammed Imran Khan for nurturing terrorism in his country’s territories. In her speech, she said that Pakistan was misusing the International platforms to cultivate its false and malicious propaganda against India. She further condemned that it was Pakistan that provided easy access to terrorists to their country where they could spread their operations and oppress the minorities living in the country. Live Mint She said,
Regrettably, this is not the first time the leader of Pakistan has misused platforms provided by the UN to propagate false and malicious propaganda against my country, and seeking in vain to divert the world’s attention from the sad state of his country where terrorists enjoy free pass while the lives of ordinary people, especially those belonging to the minority communities, are turned upside down.”
Sneha said that Pakistan is responsible for breeding terrorism in its backyard, and consequently, the entire world is tolerating the violence. She also mentioned in her speech that Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh were, are and would be the integral parts of India. She said,
These were, are and will always be an integral and inalienable part of India.”
She further blamed Pakistan for providing shelter to one of the forbidden terrorists by the UNSC (United Nations Security Council), Osama Bin Laden, and glorifying him as a martyr. She added,
Pakistan holds the ignoble record of hosting the largest number of terrorists proscribed by the UNSC (United Nations Security Council). Osama bin Laden got shelter in Pakistan. Even today, Pakistan leadership glorifies him as a martyr.”
During the speech, Sneha remembered the religious and cultural genocide that was executed fifty years back with the people of India (now Bangladesh), which was not even acknowledged by Pakistan. She said,
This is also the country that still holds the despicable record in our region of having executed a religious and cultural genocide against the people of what is now Bangladesh. As we mark the 50th anniversary this year of that horrid event in history, there is not even an acknowledgement, much less accountability.”
In her speech, she called Pakistan as,
She further explained the traditional history of Pakistan in supporting, breeding, nurturing, and aiding terrorism. She held Pakistan responsible for multiplying terror all around the world. She said,
Member States are aware that Pakistan has an established history and policy of harbouring, aiding and actively supporting terrorists. This is a country that has been globally recognized as one openly supporting, training, financing and arming terrorists as a matter of state policy.”
Young Indian Diplomat Sneha Dubey slams Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan for justifying terrorism at the @UN. Powerful interjection with facts against Pakistan’s propaganda, lies and falsehoods. Must listen to the entire speech.pic.twitter.com/2yL8BZP7gc
— Aditya Raj Kaul (@AdityaRajKaul) September 25, 2021
- Sneha was born in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her father was an engineer in a cable company at Jamshedpur. He joined a multinational company in Goa soon after his cable company closed in Jamshedpur. Soon, the family moved to Goa. Sneha attained her school education at a local school in Goa. In 2003, she stood first in her tenth class at Manovikas School in Margao, Goa.
- In 2011, after completing her higher education in International studies, Geography and Geopolitics, Sneha Dubey cleared the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) examination in her first attempt. Hindustan Times
- Sneha Dubey adores reading books, listening to music, swimming and dancing in her leisure time. Sneha also loves travelling to foreign countries.
- According to ‘Therese Almeida,’ the founder of the Manovikas School, Sneha was an outstanding student in every sphere and was very communicative with everybody. In an interview with The Times of India, she revealed,
She was outstanding in everything she did and was very popular. I recall her being very communicative with everybody.”
In the same conversation, a class fellow of Sneha Dubey, Danika Lobo, stated that it made all Indians proud the way Sneha spoke in September 2021 while answering the false propaganda of Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan on terrorism and Kashmir issue. She said,
We are proud of the stand she took and the way she put forth India’s sentiments so eloquently. She is representing India at the highest level and is an epitome of passion and inspiration, which is wonderful.”
- Sneha aspired to become an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer since the age of twelve. After completing her school education, Sneha shifted to Delhi to pursue her higher studies.
- According to Sneha, she is the first member of her family who got a government job. Chanakya Civil Services Today
- In a conversation with Chanakya Civil Services Today, Sneha revealed her inspiration to aim for the Civil Services examination. She said,
It was an amalgamation of interests I think- learning about international affairs, the thrill of travelling and discovering new cultures, representing my country, being part of important policy decisions and helping people- all inspired me.”
- On 25 September 2021, soon after her speech went viral on Twitter, Sneha Dubey was praised on social media for denouncing Pakistan and its Prime Minister over terrorism lies. One of the Tweeter users wrote,
#Indian #Nari_Shakti… #India’s first secretary in the United Nations, Sneha Dubey, responded to #Pak PM #Imran’s ‘record’ speech.”
Another tweeter user wrote,
India’s women diplomats to the UN are brilliant. Eenam Gambhir, Vidisha Maitra and now this fiery right-of-reply by Sneha Dubey!”
- Sneha Dubey denied an interview with Aaj Tak News anchor Anjana Om Kashyap on 25 September 2021, and Anjana was requested by Sneha to get out of her office. This incident took soon after Sneha’s United Nations speech went viral on Twitter, and Anjana reached Sneha’s office for a live interview.
- Sneha Dubey revealed in an interview that she used to swim for an hour and increased the hours of study soon before her preliminary examinations. She disclosed,
The month before the Prelims when I increased the hours of study, I made it a point to swim for an hour every evening. It had a very calming effect. The months before the Main Exam I went for a run in the morning.”
She further revealed that Chanakya IAS Academy helped her a lot in preparing for the IAS examination. Sneha received private coaching from Chanakya IAS Academy. She said,
Chanakya IAS Academy has been consistently contributing to the Civil Services by providing a steady supply of candidates into the services. These officers are trained not only from the point of view of clearing the exams but also on how to become good and worthy officers. I am proud of being a student of Chanakya IAS Academy.”