Shreya Shanker is an Indian model. She was crowned Femina Miss India United Continents 2019.
Shreya Shanker was born on Tuesday, 25 March 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021) in Bihar. Her zodiac sign is Aries. As Shreya belongs to an army background, she completed her schooling at 10 different schools. YouTube She did her 11th and 12th class studies at Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj. She then took admission to Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai to pursue a Bachelor in Business Administration. Shreya has been interested in modelling since she was a child.
Besides being a model, Shreya was also actively involved in volunteer services. Her friends describe her “as an achiever” who has always been confident about what she wants.
- Height: 5′ 8″ (approx)
- Weight: 55 kg (approx)
- Figure Measurement: 34-26-34
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
Shreya Shanker was born in Patna, Bihar. She belongs to a family with an army background.
Parents and siblings
Shreya`s father`s name is Achalesh Shanker and he is a Brigadier in the Indian Army.
Her mother`s name is Abhilasha and she is a Psychologist.
Her younger sister`s name is Alina Shanker.
In 2019, Shreya won the title of Femina Miss India Bihar 2019 at FBB Colors Femina Miss India East 2019. In the same year, she became Femina Miss India United Continents. She was featured on the cover of Femina magazine in 2019.
The Final Question
Shreya was asked, “What does feminism mean to you?” at the 2019 Femina Miss India. Shanker replied, “seeking of equality with dignity and grace without belittling any gender.”
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She went as a chief guest for Annual Sports Day ‘19 at St Kabir Public School.
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan
- Film: Sanju (2018)
- Sport: Cricket
- Shreya Shanker`s food habits include eating non-veg food.
- Shreya Shanker’s hobbies include artwork, dance, and dramatics. Her hobbies also include playing golf, badminton and cricket. She also likes doing horse riding.
- Her teachers describe her as a student who was good at academics, focused, and very humble.
- Shreya grew up becoming adjusting and understanding as she had to travel to different places because her father was in the army.
- Shreya also does social work and has volunteered with an NGO named ‘Seva Aur Sehyog.’ She wants to spread awareness about cognitive disability. India Times
- Shreya believes that every woman should have the quality of empathy, passion, and substance.
- In an interview, she said that everyone should have pets in their home. She is an avid dog lover.
- In an interview, after winning the Femina Miss India Bihar 2019 title, she talked about her journey and said,
It takes a lot of hard work, determination to reach where I am today. I have always dreamt of this and I think what helped me achieve my dream was the support of my parents. My mother always told me ‘you have it in you, you are our model, go achieve what you want to.’ After this, I am now looking at winning the international crown. I am all set for it and I am training myself really hard. I hope I will win the crown for India.”
- She was given the crown of Femina Miss India United Continents by former winner Gayatri Bhardwaj. In an interview, she talked about her preparations and said,
I have been training regularly, going for my make-up and hair sessions, etiquette, mannerisms and I am also learning Spanish.”
- She met the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar Sushil Modi after she returned from Ecuador, where the pageant was held.
- Shreya had made a lot of friends while studying in Delhi. Her friends welcomed her with flowers and music after she came back from the pageant. In an interview, she talked about her friends and said,
I made so many friends here, who always encouraged me to achieve my dream of participating in the Miss India pageant. I also have my relatives here and it is only because of their and my parents’ support and blessings that I was able to achieve my dream. I never thought that one day I would return to this home with this crown.”
- The lowest point in her life was when her mother underwent a brain tumour operation.
- Her favourite quote is “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”