Shivya Nath is a travel blogger, author, and social media consultant who is famous for her travel blog “The Shooting Star.”
Shivya Nath was born in 1988 (age 32 years; as in 2020) in the Dehradun city of Uttarkhand. She did her schooling from St Joseph’s Senior Secondary School in Dehradun. She attained her bachelor’s degree (Magna Cum Laude) in Economics and Marketing from the Singapore Management University.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
After completing her graduation, Shivya Nath began working as a social media strategist at Singapore Tourism Board. There, she was introduced to social networking and started following Travel bloggers across the globe. She participated in a Facebook contest by AirAsia and won two return tickets to Paris. She took a two-month sabbatical and spent the first month; travelling in Europe, and spent the remaining, volunteering to develop responsible tourism alternatives in the cold mountain desert of Spiti, located in India’s northern Himalayas.
After her sabbatical ended, she decided to quit her job in 2011, as she believed that she had lived life to its fullest in the last two months than she ever did before. After quitting her job, she revived her blog ‘The Shooting Star’ and started posting her travel stories on it.
After quitting her job, she spent the first six months, off her savings and then began working as a freelance writer. She has worked a freelance writer for BBC Travel, Lonely Planet India, National Geographic Traveller India, Conde Nast Traveller India, The Huffington Post, The Times of India, The Hindu, Hindustan Times, and CNNGo. She is also a social media consultant. In 2012, she found her tourism and travel company called “India Untravelled.”
In 2018, she published her book titled “The Shooting Star” about her personal journey and travels across the globe.
In 2019, she launched her travel clothing line “ The Shooting Star Collection.”
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded silver for best writing in a travel blog at TBC Asia Awards in 2018
- Voted Best Indian Travel Blogger by Vogue India in 2015
- India’s Best Young Social Media Professional at CMO Asia Awards in 2014
- Best Indian Travel Blogger at Indian Blogger Awards in 2013
- In 2013, she gave up her apartment in Delhi and sold most of her belongings to live a nomadic life.
- In 2015, she turned vegan and decided to cut out all animal products from her diet and lifestyle.
- Her Instagram is filled with the post of vegan food and restaurants and also her travel journey.
- She has been featured in various publications including Conde Nast Traveller, The Washington Post, Vogue, Times of India, Huffington Post, WordPress Discover, and BBC Travel.