Dr. Hemant Kalra is an Indian Pulmonologist and Chest Specialist from Delhi. As of 2021, he is serving as the Head of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Kalra Hospital, Delhi, and Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Delhi.
Dr. Hemant Kalra was born in Delhi. He grew up in a well-to-do family in Delhi. Kalra is a medical graduate (MBBS) from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, affiliated with the University of Delhi (1995). He then accomplished his MD (Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Pulmonary Medicine) from Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi (2004). Subsequently, Kalra did a Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD) from Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI), Delhi (2006). He also holds a European Diploma In Respiratory Medicine from the European Respiratory Society (2010). Practo- Hemant Kalra
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Not much is known about his parents & siblings.
After attaining his degrees, Kalra devoted himself to research, teaching, and patient care in the field of chest diseases. He has procured advanced training from many popular institutions across the world. He started as a senior resident in pulmonary and critical care in a super speciality hospital in Delhi. Kalra then went to Italy for advanced training in Interventional Pulmonology. Thereafter, he received his training in Pulmonary Vascular Disease from Switzerland. He has also trained in Paediatric Bronchoscopy in Paris (France). Kalra also trained in Medical Thoracoscopy in Greece. He has also received training in Ultrasound in Critical Care from Lucknow. Hemant is trained in Echocardiography in ICU and Mechanical Ventilation from Delhi and Pune, respectively.
He is the Head of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Kalra Hospital, Delhi (as of 2021). He also serves as the Head of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Delhi (as of 2021).
Besides being a Pulmonologist and a Chest Specialist, Kalra has a special interest in treating diabetes patients. He has treated several patients dealing with health issues related to diabetology.
Dr. Kalra is a member of various accredited national and global societies which includes:
- American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR)
- National College of Chest Physicians (NCCP).
- Indian College of Allergy, Asthma and Applied Immunology (ICAAAI)
- Indian Chest Society(ICS)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Association for Bronchology (IAB)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Sleep Disorders Association (ISDA)
- Research Society for Study of Diabetes (RSDDI)
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- European Association for Bronchology And Interventional Pulmonology
He has also presented his papers at annual conferences held by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) and the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR). In 2008, he presented 2 papers at ACCP Annual Conference and 4 papers at APSR Annual Conference. In 2009, Kalra presented 4 Papers at APSR Annual Conference.
- Kalra was featured in one of the episodes of the TV show ‘Doctors Live’ aired on Janta TV. During the show, he presented and explained various chest-related problems for the general masses.
- Apart from treating patients with respiratory ailments, chest ailments, and other infections, Kalra also helps his patients in getting freedom from substance abuse and smoking.
- He is fluent in four languages- Hindi, English, French, and Spanish.
- Dr. Kalra has experience of around 21 years in areas like Chest Pain, Breathlessness, Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD (Chronic Bronchitis/Emphysema), Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), Bronchoscopy, Mesothelioma, Sleep Disorders, Pulmonary Embolism and Hypertension, Allergic, Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), Tuberculosis, and Sarcoidosis & Lung Biopsy.
- He is greatly inspired by the Indian PM Narendra Modi.
- In October 2018, Hemant started his YouTube channel titled ‘Dr. Hemant Kalra.’ He uploads videos describing various diseases and their treatments on the channel. The channel has around 8.36 K subscribers as of 2021.
- In March 2021, Kalra was invited as a guest of honour to inaugurate the Galaxy meet, an academic event of high quality in the field of Diabetes.
- His consultation fee starts from Rs. 1500.
- He is not just popular in India but also has a clientele from countries like Afghanistan, Korea, and Tibet.