Salil Jamdar is an Indian YouTuber, actor, singer, and writer who is known for making parody videos of Bollywood songs and funny videos that he posts on his Instagram account and on his YouTube channel, Salil Jamdar & Co.
Salil Jamdar was born in Nagpur, India, and later, his family decided to move to Thane, India. Salil completed his formal education in Thane and throughout his school life, he was a teacher’s pet and a school topper. After finishing his schooling, Salil appeared for the IIT-JEE entrance exam, but his marks were not enough to get him a seat in his dream institution – IIT. Salil decided to get admission at KJ Somaya College, Vidhyavihar in a computer engineering course. He had no interest in the degree, and he turned into a complete rebel and a back-bencher. Salil started training in Hindustani classical music, and he used to bunk college classes to practice Jagjit Singh‘s Ghazals.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Salil’s father’s name is Milind Jamdar, and his mother’s name is Sadhana Jamdar. Salil Jamdar has a younger sister, Devika Jamdar.
Salil Jamdar got married to Shaina Bakshi on 8 January 2018. She has worked as a line producer, stylist, & art designer for Salil Jamdar.
After completing his formal education, Salil joined the software firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in Mumbai. However, after working for six months, Salil decided to quit his job and enrolled in a film making and acting course at Whistling Woods International. During his time at the academy, Salil also picked up some behavioral traits of many actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, and Salman Khan. Salil started his YouTube journey in 2014 with the YouTube channel Shudh Desi Endings. Later, the producers of Shudh Desi Endings offered Salil to start his independent YouTube channel, and he formed ‘Shudh Desi Gaane’ in 2015. Salil started making spoofs and parody videos of various songs and movie plots. In 2016, Salil left ‘Shudh Desi Endings’ and formed his own independent YouTube channel, Salil Jamdar & Co. On this channel, Salil started making parody videos of songs and movies. He even focused on making some videos to raise awareness against problems like porn addiction and more.
- Salil Jamdar started ‘Shudh Desi Gaane’ in 2015 and after mastering the art of making spoofs of Bollywood songs, Salil tried to make a parody of English songs. His first project was Bruno Mars’s “Uptown Funk,” and the video got over 1 lakh views in the first week.
- Salil Jamdar has a whole team of choreographers, directors, and producers that look after the technical and logistical requirements of the videos. According to Salil, the toughest video that he has ever shoot is the parody video of Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’s title track. He had to shave his hands and back for the video, and he had to dance barefoot while wearing a 25kg lehenga.
- Salil is an animal lover, and he loves to spend time with his labrador dog, Simba.
- Whenever Salil is not working, he likes to play tennis or travel to new places.
- Salil Jamdar made a small YouTube series titled ‘Asli Mard,’ which focused on several issues like toxic masculinity, porn addiction, and more. For the video, Salil collaborated with YouTuber Ashish Chanchlani and rapper Raftaar.
- On 23 November 2020, Salil Jamdar released his new song ‘Tere Jaane Se.’ The story and screenplay were done by Salil himself. His wife, Shaina Bakshi, was the executive producer and the head of the line production, art, and costume.