Sharmila Nicollet is an Indian Golfer. Besides being a golfer, she is known for her beauty and looks. She is famous for being the youngest Indian golfer to qualify for Ladies European Tour. She is also a former national sub-junior swimming champion. She won 72 gold and silver medals on state and national levels between 1997 and 2001.
Sharmila Nicollet was born on Tuesday, 12 March 1991 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Bangalore, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She studied in Bishop Cotton Girls’ School till class 10th and then took admission in Bangalore International school to complete her 11th and 12th. She started playing golf professionally after she turned 18 in 2009. The Times of India Her active tours are Symetra Tour and Ladies European Tour. Her former tours are European Tour and Asian Tour. Till now, she has 15 wins in total. She has one win in European Tour and one in Asian Tour. She is being trained by coach Tarun Sardesai. She started gaining interest in golf as a child. In 2002, when she turned eleven, she started playing golf regularly and by the time she turned fifteen, she had won a tournament. The Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Medium Golden Blonde
Eye Colour: Lavender Grey
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Nicollet`s father is French and his name is Marc Nicollet. He is a Software Professional.
Her mother`s name is Surekha Nicolletand and she is an Indian who works as a perfumer and owns Padmini Aroma Ltd in Bangalore.
In 2006, Sharmila represented India in the Asian Games at Doha.
She has also been an Indian representative at the Asia Pacific Junior Golf Tournament in San Diego, Queen Sirikit Cup in Japan and the Malaysian Open. In 2007 and 2008, she earned the title of the youngest player to win the All-India Ladies Amateur Championship. She also became the youngest Indian lady to qualify for the Ladies European Tour in 2012.
In 2009-2010, she won the Order of Merit on India’s Women’s Golf Association. Sharmila competed in T22 in Hero Honda Women’s Indian Open in 2011 and she also qualified for the British Open in the same year.
She has also taken part in the Hero-KGA tournament in 2012 and Hero-WPGT in 2015. In 2016, she was on the list of power in the Femina.
She won the China LPGA Tour in 2018.
In 2019, she played Symetra Tour.
Sharmila does fashion photography and car modification. She has featured in various magazines and she does shoots for cooperate events as well.
She was featured in the Elle Magazine in 2013.
She has done advertising campaigns for Nike, Puma, Marriot, Krishnapatnam Port. When she was a kid, she appeared in a Kwality Walls advertisement.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Lady golfer of the year (IGULS) (2007)
- Player of the Year (WGAI) (2010)
- Food: Italian, Chinese, Sushi
- Golfer: Tiger Woods
- Golf Course: Golf courses in England
- Drink: Coffee
- Holiday Destination: London, Turkey
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
She owns Audi V10+ and Chevrolet Camaro.
- Sharmila is a non-vegetarian and to keep herself fit, she eats a non-vegetarian diet.
- She likes shopping, travelling and playing the piano.
- She has a butterfly tattoo on her lower back.
- Sharmila is often seen drinking on her Instagram account.
- Sharmila`s coaches believe that she had the potential to do great things and also said that she has the natural aptitude for the game.
- In an interview, Sharmila was asked about the changes that have taken place in women`s golf over the years. She said,
So from when I first turned pro, how far they have come right now. In terms of players getting better in scoring getting better, under par scores as winning scores. Girls like Aditi Ashok and the rest playing overseas. So it’s nice and it changes the perception of Indian golf when the girls are performing abroad. So it’s doing great and the Indian Open has always been a tournament we have had which is one of the biggest events of the year and so for that to come down, it gives us a chance to showcase our talent and rub shoulders with the best players.”
- Sharmila said in an interview in 2011 that she wanted to take part in the 2016 Olympics and win a gold medal for India. She added that for her Olympics was a big event and she would win it as she was now more trained. She added that when she played in the Asian Games some years ago and that is why she lost.
- In 2019, she met with an accident and witnessed a lot of injuries.
- In an interview, Sharmila revealed her workout routine and said that she practices Golf for six hours a day and works out for 2 hours. She is often seen sharing videos of her working out in the gym and, videos of her practising golf.
- She is a party person and when she has a holiday, she often goes out and parties with her friends. The Times of India She also takes care of her fish, dogs and turtle. She has 7 dogs.
- Sharmila believes that she is an aggressive and competitive golf player. She also said in an interview that golf is one of the toughest sport she had played.
- Giving advice to other young players, she said that they should be ready to make sacrifices and they should stay focused so that they can do something big.
- The golf player is also a fashionista as she often shares pictures of herself that leave the fans admiring. Her fashion statement is: Look good, play well. Look smart, play smart.
- She believes that wearing pink colour clothes is lucky for her and so, she wears pink colour clothes on the last day of every tournament.