Sagar Pandey (1972-2022) was an Indian actor who not only worked in several Bollywood films as Salman Khan’s body double but also in the Bhojpuri film industry. On 30 September 2022, Sagar Pandey passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest during a workout in the gym.
Sagar Pandey was born on Thursday, 1 February 1972 (age 50 years; at the time of death) in Village Chaukhad, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Salt and Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42″, Waist:34″, Biceps: 15″
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about his parents.
He had five brothers.
Sagar Pandey followed Hinduism.
Sagar Pandey’s career began when he appeared in the 1998 Bollywood film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in which he acted as the body double of Salman Khan.
From 1998 to 2022, Sagar Pandey worked as Salman Khan’s body double in several famous Hindi films like Dabangg, Tubelight, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, and many more.
Sagar Pandey portrayed Salman Khan in the 2016 Bollywood film Amir Salman Shahrukh.
In 2017, Sagar Pandey acted in Mafia Bigg Boss, which is a Hindi film.
Later, in the same year, Sagar was cast in another film titled Wo Kaun. In 2017, Sagar Pandey was invited to Bangkok, Thailand, where he performed at Bollywood Star Night.
In 2018, Sagar Pandey appeared in two Bhojpuri films titled Sanki Daroga and Flat No. 009.
In 2018, Sagar Pandey performed at the Mumbai Film Festival.
In 2019, Sagar Pandey was invited to the Dubai Street Food Festival.
Sagar Pandey was seen in the 2019 Bhojpuri film titled Lollywood.
In 2020, he played acted in another Bhojpuri film titled Luckywood.
Sagar Pandey acted in Raja Doli Leke Aaja, a Bhojpuri film that was released in 2021.
In 2022, Sagar Pandey was invited to Dubai, where he took part in the Bollywood Sunday Night
On 30 September 2022, Sagar Pandey was rushed to the Hindu Hruday Samrat Balasaheb Thackerey Trauma Care Municipal Hospital by his gym instructors after he fell unconscious in the gym while exercising. According to the doctors at the hospital, Sagar Pandey suffered a heart attack while exercising and by the time he arrived at the hospital, he had passed away. Hindustan Times Talking about the incident, Sagar’s friend said,
Sagar was working in the gym when he suddenly collapsed. He was immediately taken to Hindu Hruday Samrat Balasaheb Thackerey Trauma Care Municipal Hospital at Jogeshwari East, Mumbai. That is where he was declared dead. I am quite shocked. He was perfectly fit and healthy. He was too young to pass away. His age must have been around 45 to 50 years.”
- Sagar Pandey was also known by his stage name Sagar Salman Pandey. Sagar Pandey’s Facebook account
- According to Sagar, when he arrived in Mumbai in the early 1990s, he wanted to become an actor in Bollywood; however, after failing to do so, he began working as the body double of Salman Khan.
- While giving an interview in 2021, Sagar Pandey said that after the government imposed a lockdown in 2020 during the outbreak of the second wave of COVID-19 in India, he went through a financial crisis as he was not getting hired by anyone in the film industry. Talking about his financial crisis, Sagar said,
It was a really bad time for me. I had to go through a monetary crunch as no one was ready to give me work due to the 2020 corona virus lockdown. I make most of my money through shows and stage performances and with the COVID lockdown, I could not earn much. However, things are better now, as now I am once again getting offers from Bollywood and Bhojpur film industry.”
- According to Sagar Pandey, he idolized Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- Salman Khan posted an emotional post in which he bid his last goodbye to Sagar after his death and thanked him for being with him.