Rahul Chaudhari, an Indian professional kabaddi player, is known for his excellent raiding skills and has established himself as a prominent figure in the sport. He played Pro Kabaddi League representing Telegu Titans, Tamil Thalaivas, Puneri Paltan, and Jaipur Pink Panthers.
Rahul Chaudhari was born on Wednesday, June 16, 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Jalalpur Choiya, Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. When Rahul was 13, he and his brother began training in Kabaddi even though their parents were against it and wanted them to focus on school. Rahul started as a defender and was selected to train at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) in Gandhinagar. He eventually became a skilled raider.
Height (approx.): 6′ 0″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42”; Waist: 34”; Biceps: 16”
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Rampal Chaudhari.
His mother’s name is Yashoda Devi.
Rahul has an elder brother named Rohit Kumar who is also a Kabaddi player and has represented his village team in local tournaments.
Wife & Children
He married a pilot from Gujarat named Hetali Brahmbhatt on December 8, 2020.
Rahul went to a trial conducted by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) without telling anyone in 2009. He was chosen for the trials and was offered a place in the training camp in Gandhinagar. With the support of Ajay Thakur, he also found a job at Air India and played for their team.
Pro Kabaddi League
In the 1st season of the Pro Kabaddi League, he was signed by Telegu Titans and was ranked the second player with 157 raid points and 10 tackle points in 14 matches. He remained with the team for the next 5 seasons, he was made captain of the Telugu Titans in Season 5 and finished the campaign with 193 points.
In season 7, he played Pro Kabaddi League representing Tamil Thalaivas and set a record of scoring more than 700 points as a raider, and became the first player to do so. In subsequent seasons, he showcased his skills while playing for different teams, including the Puneri Paltan and Jaipur Pink Panthers.
Rahul Chaudhari played a major role in winning a gold medal for India at the Asian Beach Games in 2014 and was also part of the winning team at the 2016 South Asian Games. He became more prominent in the team after showcasing his abilities at the Kabaddi World Cup in 2016. He continued to impress and was included in other teams such as the Asian Kabaddi Championships in 2017, the 2018 Kabaddi Masters team, and the team that won a bronze medal in the 2018 Asian Games.
Asian Kabaddi Championship Controversy
In 2023, Rahul expressed his concerns over the selection process of the team for the Asian Kabaddi Championship. He stated that none of the players who were deserving were selected for the international tournament. Kabaddi Adda – YouTube In his words,
The process for selecting the India squad for an event is very simple – players who perform in the national championships get selected for camp and players who perform well in the camp and trials are selected for the team. But this time, I am unhappy with the selection because some of the players have been selected for the team without even playing in the national championship and this is unfair to other players and the rules of the sport as well. For example, this year the Uttar Pradesh team won gold at the national championships and not even a single player from that team was selected for the Indian team. My question to the authorities is that the players of the team that won after beating all the other teams have not been selected and the defeated players are in the Indian team. The selection this time has been on the basis of the own choices of selectors and not following the criteria.”
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Laxman Award by the Uttar Pradesh Government in 2017
- 2nd most-successful raider during the 2014 Pro Kabaddi League (season 1)
- Most Successful raider during the 2016 Pro Kabaddi League (season 4)
- Player of the series during the 2016 Pro Kabaddi League (season 4)
- 1st player to score 700+ points in PKL
- 2014 Asian Beach Games, Phuket Gold
- 2015 Senior Nationals Kabaddi Championships for UP Gold
- 2016 Kabaddi World Cup Gold
- 2016 South Asian Games Gold
- 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championships Gold
- 2018 Kabaddi Masters Dubai Gold
He owns Royal Enfield.
He has cars that include Audi Q7, Scorpio, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Alpha Mini Clutch, Toyota Fortuner, and Mahindra Arjuna Tractor.
He has the tattoo of Lord Hanuman on his upper arm.
He has an unknown tattoo on his arm.
- Food: Dal Makhani and Paneer
- Movie: Jeet (1996)
- Car: Ferrari
- Social Media App: Instagram
- Kabaddi Player: Ajay Thakur, Rakesh Kumar
- Kabaddi Team: Telugu Titans
- Kabaddi Move: Running and Touch
- Sports Player: Virat Kohli
- Game: PubG
- Sport: Volley Ball
- Rahul was an obese kid. The doctor told his parents he might not live long because he was very overweight.
- In an interview, he shared that his family didn’t like him playing kabaddi when he was young. His dad even used to hit him sometimes.
- He has earned various names throughout his career like Raid Machine, Showman, and Poster Boy.
- Rahul had met Hetali in the Ahmedabad leg of PKL 2019. The two had gotten acquainted through a friend. The couple had also spent time together to provide sports education to the underprivileged children of Hebatpur.
- Rahul has amassed a lot of fan following and his fans call him names like Raid Machine, Show Man, and Poster Boy. DT NEXT
- In an interview, Rahul revealed that had he not been a kabaddi player, he would have liked to help his parents on the farm or would have joined the Indian army.
- Rahul Chaudhari has been featured in various music videos like ‘Dil Mera Dil’, ‘Banno’, and ‘Khaab’. He has also appeared on TV shows like Roadies and the Kapil Sharma Show.
- Rahul has also been featured in advertisements for companies like Biryani by Kilo.
- He is a Brand Ambassador of Vision 11.
View this post on Instagram
- Rahul once revealed that he is great friends with his teammates Rohit Baliyan and Sukesh Hegde.
- Rahul became the first Kabaddi player to have more than one million followers on Instagram.
- The Indian skipper has often been seen cycling and hitting the gym to keep himself fit. He also likes to swim.
- In an interview, Rahul revealed that he can do about 100 pushups in a single go.
- Rahul is also passionate about horses and loves to do horse riding. He is an animal lover and has a pet dog.
- The Kabaddi player is passionate about traveling and travels a lot with his wife. He posts about his travels on his social media to keep his fans updated.
- Rahul likes to have alcohol on special occasions.