Kashiling Adake is an Indian Kabaddi player known for holding the position of raider in the team.
Kashiling Adake, also known as Kashi-missile Kashiling Adake – Twitter, was born on Friday, 18 December 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in Kasegaon Village, Sangli, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Adake was interested in sports since he was a child and subsequently, he joined the SAI (Sports Authority of India) Academy for Kabaddi training.
Height (approx.): 5’ 11”
Weight (approx.): 73 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40”; Waist: 32”; Biceps: 15”
Parents & Siblings
Kashiling Adake’s father Late Ram Chandra was a wrestler who wanted his son to join the sport too. Not much information is known about his mother or siblings.
Wife & Children
Kashiling Adake is married.
He follows Hinduism.
In 2008, he was chosen to represent Mahindra’s Kabaddi team. Kashiling considers his time with Mahindra KC as the pinnacle of his career, as he got an impressive total of 24 best-player awards throughout his tenure.
Pro Kabaddi League
In Season 1 of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), he made his debut and represented Dabang Delhi for the first four seasons.
However, in Season 5, he joined U Mumba. During that season, he achieved the remarkable feat of being the first player to score 15 raid points in the first half of a match in PKL history.
He was then chosen by Bengaluru Bulls in the Season 6 auction.
In Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4, Kashiling emerged as the leading scorer in raid points for Dabang Delhi K.C. He was also the top raider in Season 2. Additionally, in Season 5, he continued to showcase his prowess as he topped the raiding charts for U Mumba.
Kashiling Adake’s talent was recognized when he was selected to represent the Indian Kabaddi Squad for the 2014 Asian Beach Games. His skills further earned him a spot in the prestigious South Asian Games in 2015, where India triumphed and secured the gold medal. He was, however, not selected for the 2016 World Cup where the Indian team won a gold medal.
Arrested for Rape Case
In March 2015, a female Kabaddi player from Kolhapur district filed a complaint with the police, accusing Kashiling of rape and harassment. Charges were filed against him under sections 376 (2) (rape), 323 (assault), 504 (intentional insult), and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code. While he was arrested, he was later on released on bail.
Caught for Illegal Gambling
Kashiling along with seven other people was caught in 2020 for gambling at his native village. Valuables worth Rs 1.61 lakh were confiscated by the police during the operation. All eight individuals who were arrested were brought before the local court but were granted bail. The police successfully seized various items related to gambling, such as notebooks, papers, cards, and other materials, that were being used in the illicit activity. Times of India
Awards & Achievements
- Best Raider Award (PKL) – Season 2
- The first player to score 15 points in the first half of the match (PKL) – Season 5
He had a contract worth INR 10 lakhs with Dabang Delhi as of 2015. Hindustan Times
Favourite Players: Anup Kumar, Sachin Tendulkar
Favourite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Kashiling was a farmer before he started training for Kabaddi professionally. Temporarily setting aside his sporting aspirations, he decided to take up employment at a sugarcane factory. Despite enduring lengthy work hours and even having to rely on a single meal on certain days, his unwavering passion for kabaddi remained intact.
- He was rejected the first time he went for trials at SAI Academy in 2007. He worked on himself and was able to secure a spot in the next trial round in 2008.
- He was first approached by the Indian Railways but he chose to play with Bharat Petroleum instead.
- After receiving a monthly stipend of Rs 5,500 from Mahindra for his kabaddi skills, he garnered attention from the national team and subsequently attracted the scouts of the Pro Kabaddi League.
- Adake was coached by E Bhaskaran, the head coach of Tamil Thalvis (2018-2019).
- He is known for his “Frog Jump” move, widely regarded as one of the most visually astonishing maneuvers in kabaddi. It involves the raider propelling himself off the ground, making contact with one or more defenders while in the air, and landing beyond their grasp.
- Surprisingly, Kashiling Adake was among the unexpected players who remained unpicked during the PKL Auction for the 2019 season.
- His record for the most points scored by a player in a single game in the second season against Tamil Titans was broken by Patna Pirates’ Pardeep Narwal in the third season.
|↑1||Kashiling Adake – Twitter|
|↑2||Times of India|