Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni is an Indian director who is the sister of the noted actor Mahesh Babu and wife of the Telugu actor Sudheer Babu.
Padmini Priyadarshini Gattamaneni was born on Tuesday, 7 October 1980 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She did her schooling at Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai. Soon after completing her schooling, she attended Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Priyadarshini belongs to a traditional Chowdhary family of the Kamma caste. The News Minute
Parents & Siblings
Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni’s father, Ghattamaneni Siva Rama Krishna Murthy (Krishna), was a noted actor in the Telugu entertainment industry. On 15 November 2022, Actor Krishna died of a cardiac arrest. Priyadarshini’s mother, Indira Devi, was a homemaker. On 28 September 2022, Indira Devi died after a prolonged illness. Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni’s stepmother, Vijaya Nirmala, was an Indian actress, director, and producer.
She has three brothers and two sisters. Priyadarshini is the youngest among her five siblings. Priyadarshini’s elder brother, Ramesh Babu, was an Indian actor and producer, who passed away on 8 January 2022 after a prolonged illness. Her younger brother, Mahesh Babu, is an Indian actor, and her step-brother Naresh is an actor and politician. Priyadarshini’s eldest sister, Padmavathi, is a homemaker. Padmavathi is married to Galla Jayadev, a famous Indian businessman and a renowned politician. Priyadarshini’s sister, Manjula is a Telugu film actress, producer, and director.
Husband & Children
On 29 May 2006, Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni got married to Sudheer Babu, an Indian actor and a former professional badminton player. She has two sons named Charith Maanas (elder) and Darshan (younger).
Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni follows Hinduism. Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni – Facebook
- In an interview, Priyadarshini recalled that in her childhood, her younger brother Mahesh Babu used to annoy her a lot. She said,
Nani (Mahesh Babu) used to trouble Me a lot during our schooling days. He used to empty the ink in my pen without my knowledge. And, My Pen wouldn’t work when I try to write something after reaching the school. These things makes me smile even Today.
- In November 2021, Priyadarshini filed a complaint against Shilpa Chowdhary for fraud, who forayed into south Indian entertainment as a producer. In the police complaint, Priyadarshini claimed that she had been duped by Shilpa for Rs 3.90 crore. According to sources, many Tollywood celebrities were cheated by Shilpa. On 27 November 2021, Shilpa was arrested by the Narsingi police. After arresting Shilpa, the police identified bank accounts that were operated by her and her husband, Srinivas Prasad. In an interview, ACP Raghunandan Rao talked about Shilpa Chowdhary’s fraud case and stated,
All the accounts are based in Hyderabad. We have sent letters to respective banks to freeze them.”
- In an interview, Priyadarshini’s husband, Sudheer Babu, talked about his career in acting and said that he decided to venture into the film industry after his wedding to Priyadarshini. He said,
I was a model before I entered the film industry. But my interest took shape when I married Priya (Padmini Priyadarshini), the daughter of Krishna garu. Ever since I have put in my best efforts to become a passionate actor.” Cinema Express
- Priyadarshini is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Pluto. She often posts pictures of her pet dog Pluto on Instagram.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni – Facebook