Naresh Babu is an Indian actor, politician, and social activist who primarily works in Telugu cinema and television. He is well-known for his films like Naalugu Stamabhalata (1982), Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1985), Parampara (2014), Shatamanam Bhavati (2017), and Sammohanam (2018).
Naresh Babu aka Naresh Vijaya Krishna The Times of India was born on Sunday, 20 January 1963 (age 59 years; as of 2022) in Chennai, India. Naresh Vijayakrishna – Facebook His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Naresh Babu attended Ramakrishna Mission High School, Hindu High School, and Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 16 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Naresh Babu’s father’s name is Krishna Murthy. His mother’s name is Vijaya Nirmala who was a well-known actor-director in the Telugu film industry.
After the death of Vijaya Nirmala’s first husband, she got married to Ghattamaneni Siva Rama Krishna Murthy. She passed away in the year 2019.
Naresh Babu’s stepfather is a well-known former actor-director in Telugu cinema. Naresh has 3 stepsisters, Padmavathi Ghattamaneni, Manjula Ghattamaneni, and Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni and two stepbrothers, Ramesh Babu and Mahesh Babu. Ramesh Babu was a film producer who passed away in 2022, while Mahesh Babu is one of the highest-paid actors in Telugu cinema.
Wife & Children
At a young age, Naresh Babu got married to Rekha. Naresh has two children with his first wife, Rekha, Naveen Vijay Krishna and Tejaswi Krishna.
Later, the couple got divorced. In an interview, Naresh talked about the reason behind his divorce and said,
I always focus on one work, so I distanced from the film industry to concentrate on politics. I was successful as a politician, but at the same time I was down financially. My mother and my wife felt bad… and my mother understands me and supports me. I didn’t waste money unnecessarily, but my (first) wife Rekha left me at that point. I don’t want to go beyond that as I respect her views.” Deccan Chronicle
Later, Naresh Babu got married to Ramya Raghupathi, the daughter of Congress leader Raghuveera Reddy from Andhra Pradesh in 2010. The couple got divorced after three years of marriage in 2013. Naresh and Ramya have a son, Ranveer.
In 2022, it was rumoured that Naresh Babu was in a relationship with the Kannada actress Pavithra Lokesh.
Reportedly, the couple is in a live-in relationship. Naresh and Pavithra have worked on a few projects like Happy Wedding, MCA Middle-Class Abbayi, Entha Manchi Vadavu Raa, Sarileru Neekevvaru, and Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki.
Naresh made his debut as a child actor with the film Pandanti Kapuram (1972). In 1982, he made his debut as a lead actor in the film Naalugu Stamabhalata. Later, he appeared in various Telugu films like Rendu Jella Sita (1983) as Gopi, Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1985) as Venkat Rao, Sri Kanakamalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987) as Gopalam, Hai Hai Nayaka (1989) as Ramakrishna, Kokila (1990) as Siddhartha, Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1992) as Nimmagadda Rajeswara Rao Raja, Jamba Lakidi Pamba (1993 as Vijay, Aame (1994) as Vikram, Dhanalakshmi, I Love You (2002) as Babu Rao, Drushyam (2014) as Prabhakar, and Shatamanam Bhavati (2017) as Bangarraju.
Naresh has appeared in a few Tamil films like Nenjathai Allitha (1984), Porutham(1985), Malini 22 Palayamkottai (2013), and Sandamarutham (2015).
In 1991, Naresh appeared in the show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu as Venkata Rao on Doordarshan. Later, he appeared in a few shows like Popula Petti (1996) as Srinivas on ETV, Amrutham Icchapurapu (2002) as Amrutha Rao on Gemini TV, Maa Nanna (2012) as Sivaiah on Gemini TV, Mahalakshmi Nivasam (2013) as Viswanatha Raju on Gemini TV, and Oka Chinna Family Story (20121) as Haridas on Zee5.
In 1996, Naresh Babu entered into politics and campaigned for the Indian National Congress. In 1998, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and became a member of its youth wing. Later, he became the state president of the BJP, BJP State Secretary, State General Secretary, and Vice President of BJP in Andhra Pradesh. Naresh worked as a coordinator for the Rayalaseema Adyayana Committee. He contested from Hindupur Lok Sabha constituency in Anantapur district for BJP. Later, he resigned from the primary membership of the party in 2009. Naresh Vijayakrishna – Facebook
- 1991: Nandi Best Actor Television award for Doordarshan’s show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu
- 1992: Nandi Special Jury Award for the film Chitram Bhalare Vichitram
- 1994: Nandi Best Actor Award for the film Sogasu Chuda Taramaa?
- 2014: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the film Parampara
- 2017: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the film Sathamanam Bhavati
- 2017: Best Character Actor Award for the film Sathamanam Bhavati at the 17th Santosham Film Awards
- 2017: SVR Character Award for the film Sathamanam Bhavati
- 2009: Servant of The Poor award on the occasion of the 4th national meet of CNRI (Corporation for National Research Initiatives) held in New Delhi
- 2022: Allrounder award on the completion of 50 years in the film industry (Golden Jubilee year) by VB awards
Naresh Babu owns a BMW S 1000 RR bike and a Royal Enfiled SHL M11 bike.
Naresh owns a luxurious Caravan, a sports car DC Avanti, and a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
- Naresh Babu has an organic farm at his house. In an interview, he talked about his interest in farming and said,
I am doing it for the past 12 years in my house. All the vegetables in my house, including onion and green chillies, are all from one-and-a-half acres of organic farming,” says the actor. He also owns a 20-acre farm in Shadnagar where he is growing fruits. “It’s semi-organic, I grow fruits like mango, guava, pomegranate etc.,” he says, adding that last year he and his mother Vijaya Nirmala earned nearly Rs 4 lakh from mangoes. “Most of the fruits go to the local markets,” he says. Deccan Chronicle
- Naresh Babu is fond of car racing. In 1980, at the age of 16, he entered the motor racing circuit in Chennai and won his first cup in car racing.
- In 2016, Naresh Babu was awarded an honorary doctorate by the New York Academy of Universal Global Peace.
- Naresh Babu took the name “Vijay Naresh” as a tribute to his mother Vijaya Nirmala on her birthday in 2006.
- In 2018, Naresh was awarded the title H.E. (His Excellency) and received a PhD degree in arts (his 2nd doctorate) from the United Nations ICDRHRP (International Commission of Diplomatic Relations Human Rights and Peace) organisation.
The UNITED NATIONS group in philipines yesterday & awarded the title H.E' HIS EXCELLENCY' .
Also recived a PHD (My 2nd doctorate) for arts frm ICDRHRP. I dedicate ths 2 my guru sri Jandhyalagaru, my family & the people of 2 telugu states who made this possible. Thank u v much pic.twitter.com/kbAiCPuSBp
— H.E Dr Naresh VK actor (@ItsActorNaresh) March 18, 2018
- In 2019, Naresh Babu was elected as the president of the Movie Artists Association group.
- Naresh Babu is the founder of an NGO, KIV (Kalakarula Ikya Vidika), which works to protect ancient arts and provides a platform to support local artists.
- In 2008, Naresh Babu did a 125 km Padayatra from Icchampally Project to Warangal for linking Krishna and Godavari waters.
- Naresh Vijaya Krishna considers Jandhyala Veera Venkata Durga Siva Subrahmanya Sastry as his ‘Guru’ in the film industry.
- Naresh Babu’s film ‘Hindustan The Mother’ premiered at the International Film Festival of India, BFI London Film Festival, and Mumbai Film Festival in 2001.
- Naresh’s Telugu film Mee Sreyobhilashi premiered at the International Film Festival of India in 2007.
- Naresh Babu’s Telugu film Parampara premiered at the Jakarta International Film Festival in 2014.