Nupur Sharma is a Lawyer and Indian Politician of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). She has held various important posts within her party. She is known for contesting the 2015 Delhi Assembly Election against the chief of Aam Aadmi Party, Arvind Kejriwal.
Nupur Sharma was born in a Brahmin Family on 23 April 1985 (Age: 32 years old, as in 2019) in New Delhi, India. She received her primary education from Delhi Public School in New Delhi. For higher education, she enrolled in the Hindu College of Delhi University and got her LLB degree. Nupur got her LLM degree from the London School of Economics, London, England.
- Height: 170 cm or 5’7″
- Weight: 65 kg or 143 lbs
- Body Statistics: 34-28-34
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
The information about her parents and siblings is not known. She married Vinay Sharma in 2014 and the couple has one son.
Nupur has been active in politics since her college days at Delhi University. On the ticket of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, she was elected as president of Delhi University’s Students Union. She has also been the youth ambassador of Teach for India (affiliated with Teach for America). She has handled various important posts within the Party such as a member of National Executive Committee of BJP’s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), National Media co-incharge of the BJYM, member of “Yuva,” Working Committee of BJP, and member of the State Executive Committee, BJP Delhi.
Nupur has been a spokesperson for her party and has taken part in various debates in the media to represent her party’s views. In the 2015 Delhi State Election, she contested against Aam Aadmi Party leader, Arvind Kejriwal and Veteran leader of Indian National Congress, Kiran Walia. However, she lost the election but emerged as runner-up.
As in 2014, her net worth is around ₹15 Lakh. MyNeta
- She acted as Guest Editor for the national daily ‘The Times of India’ for its Republic Day Special edition in 2009.
- In March 2009, she was featured among the top 10 most inspirational women in the country by the Hindustan Times.
- In July 2012, Nupur was a member of the delegation from India and BJP for the 2012 Indo-Pak American Council of Young Political Leaders (A.C.Y.P.L.) summit in the United States.
- Nupur has done some welfare projects like installation of solar lamps, water purifiers, and CCTV for campus security and successfully completed those projects during her tenure of the president of Delhi University’s Students Union.
- Her hobbies are writing and travelling.
References [ + ]