Moin Khan is a popular actor who is known for his work in the film ‘The Lift Boy’ (2019).
Moin Khan was born on Saturday, 30 May 1992 (age 28 years; as in 2020) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He grew up in Dubai and used to come to India for short visits. When he was in class 9, his family shifted to Mumbai.
Height IMDb: 5’ 10”
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
He began his career with the film Tusshar Kapoor starrer “Gayab” (2004) in which he was a part of the film’s direction team. Before making his debut in the field of acting, he had also worked as a casting director. Moin Khan made his acting debut in 2010 with the film “Blue Oranges” in an uncredited role (a man with Ranjit’s wife).
He then acted in the films, Isi Life Mein…! (2010), “Phaans – Ek Jasoos Ki Kahani” (2010), Shagird (2011), and Hum Hai Chaar Shaney (2014). He made his Telugu debut with the film “Pedavi Datani Matokatundhi” (2018) as ‘Abhay.’
- Food: Shawarma
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Beverage: Oronamin C
- Actor(s): Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro
- Film: Rocky (1976)
- Play: The Hunchback Of Notre-Dame
- Moin likes gymming, watching movies, and singing.
- When he was 23 years old, he met the director of the film “The Lift Boy,” Jonathan Augustin for the first time. Two years later, when he had given up on acting and was ready to join a call centre, he learned of a director who was making an independent film. Moin tried his luck for a small role in “The Lift Boy,” which eventually got cut off from the film. However, Jonathan was interested in him and asked him to come to audition for the lead role in the film, and eventually, Moin was chosen as the lead actor of the film. Talking about casting of Moin, Jonathan said,
He came to audition for the tiny part and when he came in, I just spoke to him generally. He did not know I was the director. He was willing to do anything for acting. His acting was very bad, his dialogues were flat, he was a log. But I loved his energy and I asked him to come audition for the lead. The casting team had put him in the “NG” (Not Good) folder. Luckily, I was in the office that day and that is why he got cast in the role. But all credit to him, he put in a lot of effort into this. That is how he got cast in the film.
- “The Lift Boy” has screened at many film festivals, including London Indian Film Festival 2019, Dallas South Asian Film Festival 2019, Singapore South Asian International Film Festival 2019, and River to River Florence Indian Film Festival 2019.
- He likes to sing and can play the guitar.
References [ + ]