Mohit Raina is an Indian actor and model. He became a well-known face after playing the role of Lord Shiva in the serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev” which aired on Life OK.
Mohit was born on 14 August 1982 (age 39 years; as of 2021) in Jammu, India. However, he traces his roots back to Kashmir, India. He was educated at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu. He is a B.Com graduate from the Jammu University, Jammu. Initially, he was around 107 kg, and only to pursue a career in modeling, he lost 29 kg. He participated in the Grasim Mister India 2005 and was grouped among the top 5 contenders.
Height: 5′ 11”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Mohit was born in a family of Kashmiri Pandits.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Late P.L. Raina, and his mother’s name is Sushma Kumara.
On 1 January 2022, he took to social media to share photos of his marriage with his longtime girlfriend Aditi.
He dated the actress Mouni Roy for quite some time.
Mohit started his acting career with the TV serial called “Antariksh – Ek Amar Katha ” in 2004. He made his Bollywood debut with “Don Muthu Swami.” Afterward, he played different roles in numerous serials like “Chehra,” “Bandini,” and “Ganga Ki Dheej.” Next, he was seen playing the lead role in the very popular TV serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
Later, he was cast in the lead role as King Ashoka in Colors TV’s serial “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.”
Mohit was also seen in 2019 movie “Uri: The Surgical Strike” in which he played the role of Major Karan Kashyap.
- Food: Rajma-chawal, Gajar ka halwa, Kashmiri pulao and samosa
- Films: Sholay, Taare Zameen Par, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and Ferrari Ki Sawari
- Book: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Destinations: Greece and Switzerland
- Hobbies: Meditation, Playing Snooker, Reading, Gymming
Mohit gets paid around ₹1 lakh a day.
- It took him 75 minutes to get ready for Lord Shiva’s getup in “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
- He worships Lord Shiva in his real life also.
- Priyanka Chopra’s family had once shown their interest in Mohit to be her husband.
- He bagged the ITA Award for the Best Actor (Male) Jury in 2018.