Mohit Raina is an Indian actor and model. He became a well-known face after playing the role of Lord Shiva in the serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev” which aired on Life OK.
Mohit was born on 14 August 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Jammu, India. However, he traces his roots back to Kashmir, India. According to him, he spent his childhood in Kashmir; however, his family decided to move out of Kashmir when he was 9 years old. The Indian Express He was educated at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu. He is a B.Com graduate from Jammu University, Jammu. Initially, he was around 107 kg, and only to pursue a career in modeling, he lost 29 kg. He participated in the Grasim Mister India 2005 and was grouped among the top 5 contenders.
Height: 5′ 11”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Mohit was born in a family of Kashmiri Pandits.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is the Late P.L. Raina, and his mother’s name is Sushma Kumara.
Wife & Children
On 1 January 2022, he took to social media to share photos of his marriage with his longtime girlfriend Aditi.
He dated the actress Mouni Roy for quite some time.
Mohit started his acting career with the TV serial called “Antariksh – Ek Amar Katha ” in 2004. He made his Bollywood debut with “Don Muthu Swami.” Afterward, he played different roles in numerous serials like “Chehra,” “Bandini,” and “Ganga Ki Dheej.” Next, he was seen playing the lead role in the very popular TV serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
Later, he was cast in the lead role as King Ashoka in Colors TV’s serial “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.”
Mohit was also seen in 2019 movie “Uri: The Surgical Strike” in which he played the role of Major Karan Kashyap.
- Food: Rajma-chawal, Gajar ka halwa, Kashmiri pulao and samosa
- Films: Sholay, Taare Zameen Par, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and Ferrari Ki Sawari
- Book: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Destinations: Greece and Switzerland
- Hobbies: Meditation, Playing Snooker, Reading, Gymming
Mohit gets paid around ₹1 lakh a day.
- In an interview, Mohit shared his childhood memories of growing up in Kashmir during a period of conflict. He recounted the experience of witnessing his school on fire. He further described an incident when he, as an 8-year-old, found himself on one side of the street with one of his parents while his sibling was on the opposite end and meanwhile, gunfire erupted in the middle. The Indian Express In the interview, Mohit said,
I remember everything- like watching my school burn. These are very personal things, I don’t think people can understand these things. Like, going to the school in the morning being unaware of how will you come back, witnessing firing. When you are an 8-year-old kid, standing in a street with one of your parents and your sibling on the opposite end and there is firing going on in the middle… You understand that you have seen a lot in life.”
- Mohit, in an interview, revealed that as a kid, he held a deep admiration for the uniforms worn by army officers. He saw the Army as a symbol of heroism and was quite fond of them. He further talked about his strong connection to the army in the interview and mentioned that he had grabbed every possible opportunity to portray an army officer in television serials or films due to his admiration for them. The Indian Express Mohit Raina, in the interview, said,
I saw the Army since my childhood–army men were always around–so I used to think very heroic of the uniform and of the Army. Because of that, my connection with the uniform is a lot, which is why I have played these parts a lot. So I never let go of that opportunity, whether big or small.”
- It took him 75 minutes to get ready for Lord Shiva’s getup in “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
- He worships Lord Shiva in his real life also.
- Priyanka Chopra’s family had once shown their interest in Mohit to be her husband.
- He bagged the ITA Award for the Best Actor (Male) Jury in 2018.