Manini Kaushik is an Indian sports shooter. She won a silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 positions team event at the 2022 Asian Games.
Manini Kaushik was born on Monday, 23 October 2000 (age 23 years; as of 2023) in Badnore, Bhilwara, Rajasthan, India. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She completed her schooling at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Vidyashram in Jaipur and later pursued a (BA LLB) at the Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ), Rajasthan, India. She is settled in Jaipur, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Natural Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Manini Kaushik’s father, Anil Kumar Kaushik, is a district judge at the District Court in Sikar, Rajasthan, and her mother, Chandra Kala Kaushik, is a homemaker. She is the only child of her parents.
Manini Kaushik is unmarried.
In 2016, Manini took part in the ISSF Junior World Cup held in Suhl, Germany. In 2017, she participated in the Asian Airgun Championships held in Wako, Japan. In 2018, she participated in the team event at the 52nd ISSF World Shooting Championships held in Changwon, South Korea. In 2022, Manini participated in the 65th National Shooting Championship Competitions in rifle events held in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. National Rifle Association of India In 2023, she took part in the 53rd ISSF World Shooting Championships held in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was placed sixth with a score of 579. The Hindu
- 2018: 10-metre air rifle women’s junior team event in 52nd ISSF World Shooting Championships in Changwon, South Korea.
- 2023: 50m Rifle 3P team event in 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Our dedicated and talented 50m Rifle 3 Positions Women's Team has clinched a well-deserved Silver Medal in the Asian Games. They have demonstrated extraordinary talent. Congratulations to Sift Kaur Samra, Ashi Chouksey and Manini Kaushik. pic.twitter.com/5HL6l9T8Fz
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 27, 2023
- 2017: Junior category in Asian Airgun Championships in Wako, Japan.
- Food: Biryani
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Sportsperson(s): Abhinav Bindra, Virat Kohli
- In 2012, Manini, along with her parents and some family friends, went to Jammu and Kashmir on a vacation. They stayed near a BSF camp, where they could easily hear the bullet shots, and that’s when they got to know that there was a shooting range, where one could pick a gun and practice their shots at the target. After a few days, she saw her father on the balcony of their home, shooting balloons with an air gun that he bought from a local fair, and she got very fascinated by it. Manini’s father shot 8 out of 10 balloons, and she shot 10 out of 10 balloons. Seeing her passion for the sport, Manini’s father took her to the shooting range the very next day, and the coach at the range asked Manini to shoot, and she hit the perfect bull’s eye with a score of 10.9. Her professional shooting journey started in 2014. SportsTiger – YouTube
- Manini considers her paternal grandmother, Usha Devi Kaushik, who was an NCC cadet, her biggest inspiration to follow sports. The Hindustan Times
- She won her first medal at an open state championship, just a week after starting shooting training. Manini borrowed the shooting kit for that competition as she didn’t have her own.
- She loves doing Bharatanatyam, and she often took part in the dance competitions held in her school as well as college.
- If not shooting, Manini would have picked archery as her career option.
- Her everyday schedule includes waking up at 3 a.m. and practising for 4 hours straight.
- In 2018, Manini received a felicitation from her college president Prof. GK Prabhu for her achievements in the sport. The Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) also offered her a 100% scholarship for the entire duration of her law course at the university. Manipal University Jaipur
- In 2018, Manini Kaushik, Elavenil Valarivan, and Shreya Agarwal made a world record with a total score of 1880.7 at the 52nd ISSF World Shooting Championships in the women’s 10m air rifle team event. The PinkCity Post
- In 2019, she received an honorary award from the Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot.
- Manini loves to travel and often shares pictures of her vacations on her Facebook page.