Kratika Sengar is an Indian actor and model. Famous for playing the role Rani Lakshmibai in Jhansi Ki Rani, Kratika Sengar has done many other popular TV serials like Punar Vivah and Kasam Tere Pyar Ki. Let’s dig into some facts relating to Kratika Sengar’s personal and professional life.
Kratika Sengar is a famous Indian actress, model, dancer, TV personality, and philanthropist. She was born on 3 July 1986 (32 years) in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. She shot to fame for her portrayal of the role of Rani Lakshmibai in Zee TV’s Jhansi Ki Rani. Having shared the screen with many other famous actors, Kratika has carved a niche for herself in the highly competitive glamour and entertainment industry. She made her TV debut with the serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi in 2007, and since then there has been no looking back for the beautiful actress who is a perfect mix of modern and traditional.
The gorgeous actress stands tall at 5′ 5″ and weighs around 55 kilos. Her figure measurements are 34-26-36.
She has brown eyes, and her hair are black.
Family, Religion & Husband
Kratika Sengar was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh to Vedant Sengar and Kalpana Sengar Vedant in a middle- class Hindu Rajput family. She has one younger brother, Anuraag Sengar Vedant.
There was a rumour that she was in a relationship with Rajeev Sen, who is the brother of Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen.
However, on 3 September 2014, Sengar tied the knot with famous actor and model, Nikitin Dheer.
Kratika Sengar completed her schooling from Methodist High School, Kanpur. She did her Graduation in Mass Communication from Amity University, Noida. Before she entered the glamour world, Kratika used to work in an advertising agency in Mumbai and for the Hungama TV channel.
She got her big break in 2007 with Ekta Kapoor’s famous TV serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, in which she played the role of Sanchi Nakul Virani. Sengar is also renowned for portraying Prerna Nihal Garewal in Kasauti Zindagii Kay in 2007. Then in the subsequent year, 2008, she was in the negative lead role of Naina in the TV serial Kya Dill Mein Hai.
In 2009, Kratika bagged the lead role in Zee Tv’s Jhansi Ki Rani and rendered a splendid performance being Rani Lakshmibai.
In 2012, Kratika Sengar bagged the famous role of Aarti Yash Scindia, Kratika alongside Gurmeet Chaudhary in Zee TV’s Punar Vivah. While she was working in the Punar Vivah, she received around 8 to 9 offers for TV serials but declined all of them.
In 2008, Kratika participated in the reality show Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket.
She also appeared briefly in comedy show Bura Na Mano Holi Hai.
Sengar was not the first choice for the Colors’ famous TV serial Kasam Tere Pyar Ki. Yuvika Chaudhary was initially the first choice for the role, but somehow the part later went to Kratika Sengar.
Kratika has a desire to participate in the reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi but her parents and husband do not allow her to participate in adventure shows because she has a major slipped disc problem. Kratika Sengar even met with an accident during the shoot of TV serial Jhansi Ki Rani whereby her midriff broke.
- In 2007, Sengar received the Star Parivaar Favorite Naari Award for the role of Prerna Omi Gill in the TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
- In 2010, she was awarded the Zee Rishtey Favourite Beti Award and the Madhavrao Scindia Leadership Best Television Actress Award for the role of Rani Lakshmibai in the TV serial Jhansi Ki Rani.
- In 2011, Kratika was given the BIG Television Veer Character Female Award for the role of Rani Lakshmibai in the TV serial Jhansi Ki Rani.
- In 2012, she got Women Achievers Aaadhi Abadi Award for the role of Rani Lakshmibai in the TV serial Jhansi Ki Rani.
- She also won the 5th Boroplus Gold Awards for Best Celebrity Jodi along with Gurmeet Choudhary & Best Actress (Popular), Zee Rishtey Popular Face (Female) Award, and BIG Star Entertainment Award for the Most Entertaining Television Actor – Female for the role of Aarti Yash Scindia in the TV serial Punar Vivah.
- In 2016, Kratika Sengar was awarded the Zee Gold Best Refresh Jodi Award and the Indian Television Academy Best Actress-Drama (Jury) Award for the role of Tanu in the TV serial Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki.
- In 2017, she was conferred with Colors Golden Petal Best Jodi Award along with Sharad Malhotra, Kalakar Award for Best Actress, and Garv Indian Television Awards for the Best Onscreen Jodi (Critics) along with Sharad Malhotra, Best Actress (Popular) for the role of Tanu in the TV serial Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki.
- In 2018, Sengar was bestowed with the Garv Indian Television Awards for Best Onscreen Jodi (Critics) along with Sharad Malhotra, Best Personality (Critics), and Best Actress (Popular) for the role of Tanu in the TV serial Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki.
- Kratika likes to eat Homemade Dal & Rice, Risotto, and Chocolates.
- She prefers Indian and Italian cuisine at any time.
- Kratika’s favourite drink is Mosambi Juice.
- Kratika’s favourite movie is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012).
- Although she hardly wears any makeup, she loves the makeup brand Maybelline.
- She likes to swim.
- Kratika Sengar usually reads The Secret by Rhonda Bryne in her free time.
- Kratika Sengar does not smoke or drink alcohol.
- She is a Non-Vegetarian.
- Kratika’s hobbies include swimming, shopping, travelling, and reading books.
- She never liked her college life when she was in Delhi for three years and missed her family a lot and didn’t feel safe in the city as well.
- Kratika Sengar’s father-in-law is Pankaj Dheer who is popularly known for playing the role of Karna in mythological TV serial Mahabharata of the late 1980s.
- Sengar doesn’t like doing much make-up and prefers using only kajal.