Jaya Kishori is an Indian musician and spiritual orator who is famous for her motivational talks and religious albums. She is popularly known as ‘Kishori Ji’ and ‘Meera of Modern Era.’
Jaya Kishori was born as ‘Jaya Sharma’ on Thursday, 13 July 1995 (age 24 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
She did her schooling from Shri Shikshayatan College and Mahadevi Birla World Academy in Kolkata. She has done B.Com via open schooling. She was preached under the tutelage of Swami Ramsukhdas and Pandit Vinod Kumar Ji Sahal. She was initially preached by Pt. Govindram Mishra.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Biography
Jaya Kishori belongs to a Gaur Brahmin Family. Aaj Tak Her father’s name is Shiv Shankar Sharma. Her mother’s name is Sonia Sharma. She has a sister named Chetna Sharma.
When Jaya was just 7 years old, she sang in the Satsang held during the Basant Mahotsav at her locality in Kolkata. When Jaya Kishori was 10 years old, she sang “Sundara Kanda” alone, which was liked by the public and it drew their attention towards Jaya.
She has given her voice to more than 20 albums. Some of her albums are ‘Shiv Stotra,’ ‘Sunderkand,’ ‘Mere Kanha Ki,’ ‘Shyam Tharo Khatu Pyaro,’ ‘Diwani Mein Shyam Ki,’ and ‘Hits of Jayakishori.’
She is known for her 7-day long ‘Katha Shrimadbhagwat’ and 3-day long ‘Katha Nani Bai Ro Mayro,’ which are spiritual discourses. She has conducted more than 350 of such discourses.
Balaji Ganges Complex 105 D Bidhan Nagar Road, near Ultadanga Bidhan Nagar Railway Station, Kolkata – 700067
- Singer: Asha Bhosle
- She likes singing and listening to music.
- Pt. Govindram Mishra (her mentor) used to call Jaya as ‘Radha.’ Seeing her love towards Lord Krishna, Govindram gave her the title of ‘Kishori Ji.’ From that moment on, she is attributed as Jaya Kishori.
- Reportedly, whatever is collected from her discourses, it is donated to Narayan Seva Sansthan in Udaipur and all the donations come in use to help and support disabled people.
- Her grandparents were instrumental in her spiritual growth. They used to tell her many stories of Lord Krishna and taught her several Bhajans.
- She grew up in a devotional and spiritual environment and at a very young age, she had memorised many Bhajans and Bhagvat Geeta.
- She has received several accolades for her work including ‘Aadarsh Yuva Adhyatmik Guru Puroskar’ by Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad, presented to her by the RSS Chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat.
- She can also play the harmonium.
- She likes doing Yoga and also promotes it openly.
- One of her programmes holds the Guinness World Record. Sanjay Shukla and Anjali Shukla, who hosted the mass invitation of Kishori’s Srimad Bhagwat Katha, presented 1,11,000 sarees to women by going door-to-door, which made the world record.
- She released her official app called “Jaya Kishori Ji Official App” for Android and iOS devices on 19 September 2018. The app contains all the information about her including her Bhajans and Katha.
- Her Satsangs have been hosted by various devotional channels especially, Satsang Channel.
References [ + ]