Gur Sidhu is an Indian singer, songwriter, and record producer who is popularly known for his Punjabi songs including 8 Parche, Bamb Aagya, and Ashke Ashke. Sidhu has collaborated with various Punjabi artists for albums and single tracks. He has also lent his voice to several Punjabi films and web series as well.
Gursimran Singh Sidhu was born on Friday, 11 July 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in Village Chak Fateh Singh Wala, Bathinda, Punjab. Facebook – Gur Sidhu He did his schooling at Mahindra Public School, Chak Fateh Singh Wala. After completing his education, he passed the IELTS exam and moved to Canada. When he was in studying in school, he used to play the harmonium during school choir.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Gur Sidhu belongs to a Jatt Sikh family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Sukhbir Singh Sidhu, and his mother’s name is Rupinder Kaur. Gur Sidhu has a younger brother.
He is unmarried.
He follows Sikhism.
In 2016, he made his debut with his single track titled Sarkaare, written by Amrit Ghudda, which was based on a political message. In 2019, he released a Punjabi sad song ‘Moved On.’ He then collaborated with the popular Punjabi singer Baani Sandhu on a crowd-pulling song titled 8 Parche. In 2019, he got his breakthrough with the single ‘Bro Oye.’ He has released several Punjabi songs including Pyar Bolda, TikTok Te, Baapu, Gal Dil Di, and Smooth Life. In 2021, he came out with another hit song ‘Vaddi Galbaat’ featuring Gurlej Akhtar, which crossed over 40 million views on YouTube.
In 2021, Sidhu released his first debut album titled Nothing Like Before, which insisted of super hit songs: Ashke Ashke, Taakre, Dekhi Jau, Dila Ve, Cherry Cheeks, and Goli.
In 2022, he released a song titled Bamb Aagya featuring Jasmine Sandlas, which was featured on the UK Asian Music Chart and also appeared on Youtube’s Weekly Charts.
His song ‘Yaari’ was featured in an Indian Punjabi-language web series titled Yaar Jigree Kasooti Degree (2018). In 2019, he collaborated with Harpi Gill on the song Challa for the Indian Punjabi-language rom-com film Ardab Mutiyaran.
Apart from singing, Gur Sidhu has written and composed Punjabi songs for various artists and films including the song ‘Challa’ for the Punjabi feature film Ardab Mutiyaran, starring Ninja and Sonam Bajwa. He has composed songs for Amrit Maan, Sidhu Moose Wala, and R. Nait.
- Musical instrument: Tumbi
- Food: Osmow Chicken on the rocks
- Drink: Tim Hortons’ Iced Capp
- Brand: Gucci
- Car: Mercedes-Benz AMG 6×6
- He also goes by the name Simmu.
- Sidhu was 18 years old when he moved to Canada. During his initial days, he worked at a plastic factory.
- Gur Sidhu’s grandfather, Harnek Singh, was a government Punjabi teacher who was into music. In an interview, Gur Sidhu revealed that it was his grandfather who pushed him to pursue a career in music.
- In an interview, he revealed that he liked Spanish music.
- In an interview, Sidhu revealed that he wanted to collaborate with Internally acclaimed singers including DJ Snake, Drake, and J Balvin.
- In an interview, Gur Sidhu said had he not become a singer, he would be a video maker.
- In an interview, while talking about his greatest fear, Sidhu revealed that since he did not know how to swim, he was afraid of deep waters.
- In his leisure time, he likes listening to music.