Deboshmita Roy is an Indian singer and performer who became the first runner-up of Sony TV’s singing reality show Indian Idol- Season 13.
Deboshmita Roy was born on Sunday, 16 September 2001 (age 21 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at Kumudini Girls’ High School in Bongaon, West Bengal. She pursued a Bachelor of Arts at Sarojini Naidu College for Women in North Dumdum.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
She belongs to a Bengali Hindu family in Kolkata.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Debuprosad Roy, is a professional singer. She is an only child of her parents.
She is unmarried.
She is in a relationship with Rathin Pal.
She follows Hinduism.
Roy began singing at a tender age. When she was 10 years old, she participated and stood 2nd runner-up in the singing competition television series Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs (2010), which aired on Zee Bangla.
Roy participated as a contestant and stood 1st runner-up in the popular Indian singing reality show Indian Idol season 13 (2022) on Sony TV.
She has performed in several concerts and shows.
- She grew up getting singing lessons from her father. The father-daughter duo likes to perform together.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She received a golden mic in her first audition for Indian Idol- Season 13 from the judges Vishal Dadlani, Neha Kakkar, and Himesh Reshammiya.
- While Rishi Singh, who hails from Ayodhya, earned the winner’s trophy, brand new car, and prize money of Rs. 25 lakhs, Debosmita (1st runner-up) and Chirag Kotwal (2nd runner-up) were both awarded a cash prize of Rs 5 lakhs each.
- On 3 February 2020, she created a YouTube channel under her name, where she often posts videos of herself singing cover songs.