Dalljiet Kaur is an Indian television actress. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Anjali’ in the TV serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.”
Dalljiet Kaur was born on Monday, 15 November 1982 (age 37 years; as in 2019) in Ludhiana, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Her hometown is Bengaluru. In 2004, she won the title of Miss Pune. Subsequently, she remained a finalist in a number of beauty pageants including “Miss Navy,” “Miss Mumbai,” and “Miss Maharashtra Queen.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Dalljiet Kaur belongs to a Sikh Family. Her father is a retired Colonel. Her mother’s name is Prietam Kaur. She has two elder sisters Jatinderr Kaur and Amrit Grover. Both her sisters are in the Indian defence services.
Dalljiet Kaur met Shaleen Bhanot on the sets of the show “Kulvaddhu” and fell in love with him. The couple tied the knot on 9 December 2009. She has a son, Jaydon. In 2015, Dalljiet filed for a divorce accusing Shaleen of domestic violence. Her son’s name was earlier, Shaarav. She later changed it to Jaydon to let go of her ex-husband Shaleen Bhanot’s identity.
Dalljiet Kaur started her acting career in 2004 with the TV serial “Manshaa.” Subsequently, she made special appearances in the TV serials “CID,” “Aahat,” and “Raat Hone Ko Hai.” In 2005, she appeared as ‘Siya’ in the TV serial “Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan.” Her first role as a protagonist was in the serial “Kulvaddhu” in which she played the role of ‘Niyati.’ In 2008, she participated in the season 4 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” along with her then-husband, Shaleen Bhanot, and emerged as the winner of the show.
Next, she played the role of ‘Anjali’ in Star Plus’ popular serial Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? and became a household name. She has also appeared in serials like “Swaragini – Jodein Rishton Ke Sur,” “Kaala Teeka,” “Qayamat Ki Raat,” and “Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega.”
In 2019, Dalljiet participated in the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13.”
- Food: Tandoori Chicken, Kababs
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Restaurant: Grand Hyatt in Mumbai
- Her hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Dalljiet is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Deepa. Dalljiet got her nickname Deepa as she was born on the night of the festival “Deepawali.”
- Dalljiet suffered from severe asthma during her pregnancy and was on steroids for some time.
- Dalljiet was approached by the Bigg Boss team even before its season 13 but she declined the offer as at that time her son, Jaydon was just 2 years old.
- Dalljiet has got her son, Jaydon’s name inked on her right forearm.
- In 2018, she featured on the cover of the international magazine “The Platform” and became the first Indian television actress to do so.