Vanitha Vijayakumar is an Indian Actress who has worked in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam film Industry.
Vanitha Vijayakumar was born on 5 October 1982 (age 37 years; as in 2019) in Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Height: 5′ 6″ (approx.)
Weight: 60 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Her father, Vijayakumar is a famous Tamil actor and politician. Her mother, Manjula Vijayakumar was also a South Indian actress.
She has two younger sisters Preetha and Sridevi, who are actresses. She has two step-sisters, Anitha (doctor) and Kavitha (actress), and a step-brother named Arun Vijay (actor), from her father’s first marriage to Muthukannu.
She got married to the Tamil actor, Aakash in 2000 and they both got divorced in 2005. She got married for the second time, to the USA based businessman, Rajan Anand but they got divorced in 2010.
She was also rumoured to be in a relationship with the choreographer Robert.
She has a son named Vijay Sri Hari (from her first marriage to Aakash) and two daughters named Jaynitha (from her second marriage to Rajan Anand) and Jovika (from her first marriage to Aakash).
On 27 June 2020, she got married to filmmaker Peter Paul at her residence in Chennai. It was a Christian wedding in which her two daughters from her previous marriages; Jovika and Jaynitha were present as bridesmaids. It was her third marriage. The Times of India
She made her debut as an actress with the Tamil film “Chandralekha” in 1995.
Her debut in the Malayalam films was with the movie “Hitler Brothers (1997).”
She made her Telugu film debut with the movie “Devi” in 1999.
She made her debut as a producer with the film “MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal” in 2015. It is also the last film she acted in.
- In 2018, she and her father Vijayakumar got into a legal feud over family property. According to Vanitha, she was staying over her mother’s house since her mother’s death and her father asked her to vacate the house. Her father even stopped her from shooting and pressured her to leave the house. Vijaykumar filed a case against her in Maduravoyal’s local police station for not vacating the house that he claimed as his own. Vanitha later alleged that she and her crew members were beaten by the policeman and they threw them out of her house.
- In 2017, it was reported that her daughter, Jaynitha, had been kidnapped by her. When Vanitha and her second husband, Rajan Anand, got divorced, it was decided that their daughter, Jaynitha, would be staying with her father from Monday to Friday and with her on weekends. But, in the first week of April in 2017, Vanitha took her daughter with her but did not return her for a whole week. Afterwards, the case was filed against her but she still did not return the child even after the court gave her the deadline. After an argument, the court gave Jaynitha’s full custody to her father.
- In 2010, Vanitha filed a case against her father, mother, and brother for assaulting her when she tried to take her children back home. Reportedly, her children had gone to her parents home to celebrate Diwali. Her father was so intoxicated that he did not let her children return to their home and when she tried to do that her brother assaulted her and her husband.
- She is often called Vinni or Nitha.
- Vanitha claims that his father married his mother, Manjula for the sake of money as she belonged from a wealthy family.
- She even claims that her father exploited her mother through alcohol and seized all her mother’s assets to his son Arun Vijay’s name.
- In an interview, Vanitha said that she and Robert are going to get married soon but cannot do it as he was still in marriage with his wife Krishnapriya. However, Robert said that he did not know why Vanitha was saying that but he is happy in his marriage with his wife Krishnapriya.
- In 2019, she participated in the reality TV show “Bigg Boss: Season 3” that aired on Star Vijay, hosted by Kamal Hassan.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||The Times of India|