Vagmita Singh is an Indian screenwriter, performer, and YouTuber. In 2023, she appeared in the Netflix web series ‘Social Currency.’
Vagmita Singh was born in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She moved to Mumbai in 2014. She did her schooling at Maharani Gayatri Devi Girls’ School, Jaipur, Rajasthan. She pursued her bachelor’s degree in English Literature in Mumbai. Later, she pursued a master’s degree in filmmaking.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-34
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. She has an elder sister and an elder brother.
She is unmarried.
Vagmita Singh started her career as an intern at a production house while studying in college. She worked there for two years as an editor. Later, she worked as a writer for a company where she used to write Bollywood news. After one year, she was promoted to head of the content department of the company. She worked there for almost one year and then resigned from her job. In 2023, she wrote eight episodes for the web series ‘Jee Karda,’ starring Tamannaah Bhatia.
Vagmita Singh started posting videos on Instagram in 2017; however, she became more active during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2012, she created her own YouTube channel named ‘That Indian Chick’ and started sharing observational videos based on common activities of everyday life. Her first video was ‘What Indian Hand Gestures Mean’ (2016) on which she got more than 65 K views. As of 2023, she has more than six lakh views on her YouTube channel.
In 2022, she appeared in the music video ‘Your Eyes.’
In 2023, she made her debut as an actress in the Netflix web series ‘Social Currency.’
She has also been featured in a few commercials shoots for the dating app ‘Tinder.’
- In an interview, she revealed that she is fond of telling stories since she was a child; therefore, she decided to pursue a career in filmmaking.
- Apart from posting videos, she has also launched a writing workshop on Instagram.
- In her videos, she often discusses the issues like mental health and toxic relationships in a funny way.
- She often promotes her mother tongue ‘Marwari’ in her videos.
- She has a huge fan following on social media with 417 K followers on Instagram and 17.3 K subscribers on YouTube.