Trinetra Haldar Gummaraju is an Indian doctor, content creator, and actor. She uses her reach to spread awareness about the LGBTQAI+ community. Trinetra is one of India’s first transgender content creators who documented her transition on Instagram and YouTube.
According to her, she grew up in Hyderabad for the first eight years after her birth. Trinetra attended Delhi Public School, Bangalore South in Karnataka; she got facilitated for securing the highest percentage, i.e., 98%, in the Physics subject in the All India Senior School Certificate Examination conducted by CBSE, New Delhi in 2015.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Medium Golden Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Suresh Gummaraju, and her mother’s name is Haima Haldar, who is an architect.
Trinetra has a younger brother named Agastya Gummaraju.
Husband & Children
Trinetra is unmarried and has no children.
Trinetra Haldar Gummaraju is a transwoman. She began therapy at the age of 18 and discovered she was experiencing gender incongruence, along with symptoms of depression and poor mental health that had been present since childhood. In 2017, she underwent facial hair reduction, and she officially came out on 31 December 2017 by posting an art on Facebook titled ‘Call Me Trinetra.’ We The Young – YouTube She completed her gender confirmation surgery abroad in February 2023.
Trinetra Haldar is a gynaecologist.
Trinetra made her digital debut with the web series ‘Made in Heaven Season 2’ in 2023; the series premiered on Prime Video.
Trinetra got an origami bird tattoo inked on her left arm.
She got a Lotus Unalome tattoo inked on her back.
She has a septum and navel piercing.
- She is Karnataka’s first transwoman doctor.
- As a child, Trinetra enjoyed wearing her mother’s saree and putting on a bindi, actions that were found endearing by her parents and neighbours; however, as she grew older, neighbours began to urge her to engage in activities typically associated with boys, such as playing cricket. In an interview, Trinetra revealed that these suggestions led her parents to consult a well-known psychiatrist, who advised that she needed more masculine influence in her life.
- In an interview, Trinetra shared a school memory involving a hairclip that she admired on a classmate. Wanting to try it herself but unable to ask directly, she told her friend that her mother would like to try it, and her friend gave it to her. When the teacher noticed the missing hairclip and learned that it was given to Trinetra, she placed it on Trinetra’s hair in front of the class. The ensuing laughter from her classmates left Trinetra feeling humiliated, and she cried through the next two class periods.
- While talking about her transition journey at the TEDxBMSCE event, she revealed that after getting her nose pierced, she was not allowed to attend anatomy class in college. TEDx Talks – YouTube
- Trinetra loves drawing and doodling which she often shares on her social media handles.
- She has a deep affection for animals, especially dogs.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.