Sunita Kejriwal is a former Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, and wife of the Indian politician and Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Sunita Kejriwal was born on Friday, 11 February 1966 (age 54 years; as in 2020) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended the National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur, Maharashtra to pursue her graduation and has a master’s degree in Zoology. Sunita is a 1999 batch IRS officer. During her tenure as an IRS officer, she held the position of the Commissioner of Income Tax at the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi. On 15 July 2016, she opted for voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS), ending her 22 years of service. According to a close aide of the Sunita,
Sunita feared of victimisation by the Centre amid the ongoing tussle between the AAP government and the BJP-led Union government on several issues, and hence she sought VRS.”
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Sunita Kejriwal belongs to the Baniya Community. Not much is known about her parents. She had a brother named Surender Kumar Bansal (died).
Sunita got married to Arvind Kejriwal in November 1994.
She has a son named Pulkit Kejriwal, and a daughter named Harshita Kejriwal (born in 1996; Associate Consultant in Boston Consulting Group).
In May 2019, a Delhi court issued summons to the officials of State Election Commission of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi to bring all records of documents related to Sunita Kejriwal, after the BJP Delhi spokesperson, Harish Khurana, filed a complaint against her for allegedly possessing two voter IDs. Khurana had filed a case against her at the Tis Hazari Court, claiming that she was in the possession of two voter IDs – the first one from Sahibabad (Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh), and the other from the Civil lines (Chandni Chowk, Delhi). The Statesman
87 Block, B.K.Dutt Colony, New Delhi
Assets & Properties
Sunita Kejriwal has movable/immovable assets and properties of approximately Rs. 1.15 crores (as in 2015). MyNeta
- Sunita likes listening to music, travelling, and doing Yoga.
- Sunita Kejriwal is very timid and introverted.
- Sunita was in the same batch as Arvind Kejriwal, during their 3 months foundation course at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie.
- By the time Arvind and Sunita were transferred back to the National Academy of Direct Taxes in Nagpur, after their initial training in Mussoorie, they had already become friends and started to like each other.
- According to Sunita, she admired Arvind’s simplicity, honesty towards his work, and his passion to bring a change in the nation.
- In August 1994, Arvind proposed her for marriage, and Sunita replied with a ‘yes.’ After getting their families approval, they both got married in November 1994, even before their graduation had completed.
- In 1995, they moved to a small apartment in Delhi.
- In 2006, she became the breadwinner of the family, after Arvind quit his job to become ‘RTI activist’ and ‘anti-corruption crusader.’ However, Sunita was supportive of her husband in his pursuit of doing what he loved.
- On 29 December 2013, Sunita caught eyes of the public when Arvind tweeted photos of him hugging Sunita; thanking her for supporting him.
- Even after becoming the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind likes to spend quality time with his wife. He is often spotted on the streets of Delhi during their morning walks.
- Sunita is often seen campaigning for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Before the 2020 Delhi Assembly Elections, Sunita and her children (Harshita and Pulkit) were seen campaigning door-to-door for AAP.
References [ + ]