Harshita Kejriwal is an Indian entrepreneur and the daughter of the seventh Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal. Her mother, Sunita Kejriwal, is a former IRS officer. She has been an excellent student in her academics, which has often kept her in the news. In 2014, Harshita Kejriwal was in the headlines of various news channels when she attained 96 per cent marks in class XII. She works as an associate consultant with Boston Consulting Group in Gurugram.
Harshita Kejriwal was born in 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Delhi, India. In 2014, Harshita Kejriwal completed her school education at Delhi Public School, Noida. In 2018, she earned a degree in Chemical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Harshita’s LinkedIn Account
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian politician who founded the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in November 2012, and he went on to become the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi. Her mother’s name is Sunita Kejriwal, a former IRS officer. Her grandfather’s name is Gobind Ram Kejriwal who was an electrical engineer. Her grandmother’s name is Gita Devi.
Harshita Kejriwal has a brother named Pulkit Kejriwal.
She is not married.
Soon after finishing her college studies at IIT Delhi, she pursued her summer internship at
In 2010, Harshita Kejriwal was the winner of the Under 19 District Football championship. The Walmart Women Empowerment Grant title in 2015 was won by Harshita Kejriwal. In the same year, she was the winner of the Enactus Nationals. In 2015, Harshita Kejriwal was the semi-finalist at the Enactus World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa. She was the runner up at Kshitij Bplan Competition held at IIT Kharagpur in January 2016. In the same year, at Enactus Nationals, Harshita Kejriwal was a runner up. In 2017, she was the winner of the Blue Dart Competition Grant.
- In her leisure time, Harshita Kejriwal likes reading books, dancing, playing football, and travelling to distant locations. She is a trained Odissi dancer.
- Harshita Kejriwal was an active participant in various zonal level badminton championships during her school and college days. She has received formal training in badminton.
- In 2018, Harshita graduated from IIT Delhi, and she followed the footsteps of her father as Arvind Kejriwal also completed his graduation from IIT Delhi.
- From June 2016 to March 2018, Harshita Kejriwal earned the Cargill scholarship for her leadership skills. This scholarship is provided to the ten students of six countries in the world.
- The political rallies and campaigns are often attended by Harshita Kejriwal, along with her mother and father, for the Aam Aadmi Party during the elections in Delhi and other regions of India.
- Arvind Kejriwal, the seventh Chief Minister of Delhi, received an unknown email in January 2019 in which he was threatened to kidnap his daughter Harshita Kejriwal. News Bytes In a press conference, an AAP senior leader stated,
In the email, the unknown sender has claimed that they will harm the chief minister’s daughter and have challenged him to do whatever he can do to protect her.”
- In February 2020, in a public statement, some leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party called Arvind Kejriwal a terrorist. Soon after the statement, Harshita Kejriwal stated in an interview with a media house that those who called her father a terrorist were doing dirty politics, and in the same conversation, she made certain that her father would be re-elected as the CM of Delhi by the people of Delhi. She added that her father had provided the basic facilities for free to the deprived people of Delhi. News Bytes She said,
They say politics is dirty but this is a new low. Is it terrorism if health facilities are made free? Is it terrorism if children are educated? Is it terrorism if power and water facilities are improved? Not only us, but 2 crore common people are also campaigning. They will show them on 11th February if they cast votes on the basis of allegations or the work done.”
- Harshita Kejriwal was cheated by an OLX user for Rs. 34,000 in February 2021. Soon, she was in the headlines after becoming the victim of an online scam.
- Apart from Hindi and English, Harshita Kejriwal is also proficient in speaking and writing the French language.
- Harshita Kejriwal participated in the election campaigning tours of the Aam Aadmi Party’s chief ministerial candidate, Bhagwant Mann, in Punjab, in the 2022 assembly elections. According to Harshita, Bhagwant Mann is her uncle. In an interview with a media house, Harshita Kejriwal said that she was contributing to the future of the country. She stated,
I am not used to giving speeches. But I am here for chachaji (Mann). If there is only one party that is concerned about children and their future, it’s AAP. I studied at IIT-Delhi…Be it a job or a business, my father taught me to contribute to the country.”