Sunita Ahuja is the wife of the famous Bollywood actor Govinda.
Sunita Ahuja was born as ‘Sunita Munjal (maiden name)’ in June 1967 (age 52 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Sunita Ahuja was born to a Punjabi father and Bengali mother. She has an elder sister and a brother. She got married to Govinda on 11 March 1987. The couple has a son named Yashvardhan Ahuja and a daughter named Tina Ahuja (born on 16 July 1989).
- During the shooting of ‘Hadh Kar Di Aapne (2000),’ there were rumours about Rani Mukerji and Govinda having an affair, which made the married life of Govinda and Sunita hit rock bottom.
- In 2018, Sunita, in an interview, revealed that her family had cut all the ties with Krushna Abhishek and his wife, Kashmera Shah. In the interview, she said-
Krushna’s claim to fame has always been the fact that he is Govinda’s bhanja. He has milked that enough. He has lived with us for years and we have always loved him. It’s a shame that they talk rubbish about us behind our back.”
105, Jal Darshan, ‘A’ Wing
Ruia Park Road, Juhu
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Her net worth is approximately $25 million.
- Sunita likes travelling.
- It was the time when Govinda was a struggling actor in the industry. He used to frequently visit his uncle Anand Singh’s (filmmaker) house. During one such visit, he happened to meet Sunita, who was the sister-in-law of Anand Singh.
- Sunita and Govinda often used to get indulged in quarrels because of the differences in their personalities and opinions. After one year of knowing each other, they both started dating. Soon, Govinda’s mother came to know about their relationship and advised them to marry.
- Sunita and Govinda used to communicate with each other through letters, which they would exchange with the help of her brother. One day, Sunita’s mother caught hold of one of the letters and came to know about their affair. She strongly opposed their relationship primarily due to the fact that Govinda was an actor.
- Her mother finally agreed for their marriage due to the support from Govinda’s uncle and his mother. They both got married on 11 March 1987, but their marriage was kept secret for one year in a fear that it might threaten his female fan following.
- Sunita and Govinda revealed their marriage one year after their daughter Tina was born.
- Before their marriage, she used to deny participating in dance competitions with Govinda as he was a small-town boy, and she belonged to high society.
- Years before, Govinda, in an interview with the Stardust magazine, revealed that he had been in love with the actress, Neelam Kothari and it was a complete coincidence as to how he got engaged to Sunita. During his shooting, Govinda had to perform a love scene with the actress but couldn’t do it. His elder brother advised him to have an affair to get the experience of dating somebody. It was during that time that he started meeting Sunita, and their relationship got serious. He used to praise Neelam in front of Sunita and told Sunita to be like Neelam due to which they would often engage in constant fights. In one such fight, Sunita and Govinda called-off their engagement. Talking about the incident, Govinda said-
had Sunita not called me after five days and coaxed me into it again, I would probably have married Neelam.”
- In 2014, Sunita and Govinda got remarried. Govinda later disclosed that it was his mother’s wish that they go through a ‘Sampoorna Vivaah’ (complete wedding) after 25 years of their togetherness. Talking about the matter, Govinda said-
Not that Sunita and I were not married all these years. We had just gone through a formal Gandharva Vivah back in 1987. But now we went through all the rituals.”
- She is an avid dog lover.