Shivankit Singh Parihar is an Indian actor, writer, and mimicry artist. He is known for playing the role of Raja Rabish in TSP’s social satire series Rabish ki Report.
Shivankit was born on 8 June in Satna, Madhya Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Gemini. Shivankit did his secondary schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Satna, Madhya Pradesh. For his higher secondary education, his parents sent him to Indore where he attended The Emerald Heights, Indore. In an interview, Shivankit talked about his school days and revealed that he was sent to a boarding school after his parents acknowledged his mischievous acts.
Later, he pursued graduation from a college in Pune. Soon after completing his graduation, he pursued a Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication from a college in Mumbai. Shivankit, since his childhood, was fascinated by acting and used to perform in various skits and plays in school.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Bald
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Shivankit’s father’s name is Dr Udaybhan Singh Parihar. Shivankit’s mother is a teacher. He has a younger brother. In an interview, Shivankit talked about his younger brother and said that his brother is 18 years younger than him.
On 2 March 2023, Shivankit got married to his longtime girlfriend Nishaad Javeri, an actress and writer.
In 2014, he made his acting debut with the Hindi film Shuruaat Ka Interval in which he played the role of Ravan.
In 2016, he made his digital debut with the TVF’s mini-series Trippling in which he played the role of a service station attendant.
In the same year, he appeared in the TSP’s series Humorously Yours, wherein he played the role of a Sabji Wala Shivankit Parihar. In 2017, he was featured in the TVF series Bisht, Please!, wherein he played the role of Kalpesh. In 2017, he was featured in a self-titled role in the TSP’s series Rabish Ki Report. In an interview, Shivankit talked about how they came up with the idea of creating a social satire show ‘Rabish Ki Report’ and why they decided to create a spoof of Ravish Kumar among the other journalists. Shivankit said,
Ravish is the only reporter out there who is making any sense. His own satire is so good. If you make a video on Arnab Goswami, he’s already very loud and has no sense of humour. So it’s easy to make a foolish character more foolish but it’s very difficult to make a spoof of a smart character like Ravish. So our struggle was that the man himself is so funny and has a great sense of satire, how do we make a spoof on him?” The Indian Express
Subsequently, Shivankit has appeared in many YouTube mini-series like Gullak (2019), Hostel Daze (2019), Icchadhari Tatti: Bai Lives Matter (2020), and The Glitch (2020). In 2022, he was featured in the mini-series Sixer in which he played the role of Nikku. In 2023, he appeared in the TVF series SK Sir Ki Class, wherein he played the role of Guri opposite Abhilash Thapliyal.
In 2015, Shivankit wrote the short film Angry Indian. Subsequently, Shivankit worked as a writer in many mini-web series like Barely Speaking with Arnub (2016), TSP’S Rabish Ki Report, TVF Bachelors, and Sixer (2022).
- Shivankit’s nickname is Shiv.
- Inclined towards acting since childhood, he gave his first stage performance in 1995.
- In an interview, the actor talked about his bald look and said that he started experiencing premature balding when he was twenty. Owing to increased hair fall, he decided to shave his head. Shivankit said,
When I was 20, my hair started falling. If hair starts falling at this age, then it seems that now we have become old, have become uncle type. Confidence starts decreasing. Advertisements in the name of baldness also come like this.I either like a full head of hair or a bald head. That’s why I keep a clean shave. Doesn’t seem to happen after an age, though. Confidence comes that yes, there are no hairs at all. The rest of the talent is there anyway. That’s why I say.” Dainik Bhaskar
- According to Shivankit, initially, he was rejected in various acting auditions due to his baldness. In an interview, Shivankit talked about this and said,
Due to lack of hair on his head, Shivankit did not get many roles. still do not meet. He says, there were many such roles which were denied due to lack of hair. A proper look is needed for the advertisement. Now I have stopped giving auditions for this.
- Shivankit attempted three entrance exams for admission at the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune; however, he was not selected. Later, in 2011, he shifted to Mumbai from Pune to pursue a career in acting.
- According to Shivankit, although he moved to Mumbai in 2011, he wasted four years of his career. Owing to the heavy traffic in Mumbai, he didn’t want to go to the acting auditions and used to write scripts while sitting at home.
- He has worked as a writer for the Star Bharat episodic TV show Savdhaan India: India Fights Back (2012).
- Before venturing into acting, he worked as a narrator in the short film Sirf Khuli Khidki (2013).
- Shivankit started working with the YouTube channel The Screen Patti in 2015. Initially, he worked with the YouTube channel as a writer. In an interview, Shivankit talked about who introduced him to The Screen Patti and said,
I reached here with the help of a friend. I was given something to write, I wrote. The creative director liked the content. This is where my journey startedI have been working with TVF since 6 and a half years. Whatever I am today is because of TVF. I joined here just for fun. Thought I would do some work. I will act Didn’t know, will reach here today.”
- Shivankit’s featured YouTube series ‘Kyun Bane Crorepati’ (2017) garnered more than eighteen million views on YouTube.
- In an interview in 2018, Shivankit talked about the TVF series Rabish ki Report (2017) and said that the journalist Ravish Kumar was aware of the parody series; however, he never approved of the abusive language which is used in the web series. During the same discussion, Shivankit revealed that the YouTube channel The Screen Patti was planning to get Ravish Kumar on board for one of the episodes of Rabish Ki Report. The Indian Express
- In an interview in 2019, the head of the YouTube channel The Screen Patti talked about Shivankit starring mini-series Rabish Ki Report and termed it “the best series” on the YouTube channel. He said,
Raja Rabish Kumar is one character we are really proud of. Played by Shivankit Singh Parihar, it’s a spoof of journalist Ravish Kumar. The idea behind the character was to bring political content to our audience who are, sadly, not interested in the political happenings of the country. It’s a space not many creators try and with close to a dozen hit sketches, we are really proud of the popularity it has garnered over the years.”
- Shivankit’s favourite films include Laagan (2001) and Airplane (1980).
- A fitness enthusiast, Shiavankit often shares his postworkout pictures on various social media platforms.
- Shivankit is a cat lover, and he has a pet cat. He frequently shares pictures of his pet cat on various social media platforms.