Prem Dhillon is a popular Punjabi singer and lyricist who is well known for his songs Boot Cut (2019), Old Skool (2019), and Majha Block (2020).
Prem Dhillon was born as Premjeet Singh Dhillon on Wednesday, 4 January 1995 (age 26 years; as of 2020) in Amritsar, Punjab. He grew up in Daulo Nangal, a Tehsil of Amritsar district in Punjab. He pursued a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Bollywood Tadka Punjabi’s YouTube Channel at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab.
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Light Brown
Family & Caste
Prem Dhillon began his musical journey in 2018 with the song “Chan Milondi,” which he released on his self-titled Youtube channel. Later, in the same year, he worked as a playback singer for the song “Patt Tenu,” which was featured in the popular Punjabi language film Mr & Mrs 420 Returns (2018). Later, after completing his graduation, he moved to Canada. He came into the limelight with the song “Bootcut,” written by him. The song was released under the self-titled label of renowned Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala. The songs garnered over 40 million views on YouTube.
In 2020, he rose to prominence with the song “Old Skool,” featuring Sidhu Moosewala and Indian rapper Naseeb. Written by Prem Dhillon himself, the song ranked at number 16 in Apple Music India daily charts and earned over 200 million views on YouTube.
Later, in the same year, his songs Jatt Hunde Aa, Badmashi, and Liv In gained massive popularity. “Liv In” was ranked No. 30 on the BBC’s Official Asian Music Chart. His other notable work includes the songs Majha Block (2020), Lost Love (2021), and Just A Dream (2021).
- In May 2020, Punjabi singer Rami Randhawa accused Prem Dhillon and Sidhu Moosewala of copying his song “Badmashi” and commanded them to remove it from their accounts asap. On the other hand, Punjabi singer Sucha Rangeela claimed that the song was originally his and made an appeal to Prem to delete the song from his account. Ghaintpunjab’s YouTube Channel
- On 15 February 2022, a video showcasing Prem Dhillon being attacked by an anonymous man during his live show in Balachaur, Punjab, went viral on the internet. Later, the man was identified as Gur Chahal, a member of the Biba Boys group. Apparently, the Punjabi singers Prem Dhillon, Sippy Gill, and Sultan were invited to perform in a Kabaddi event in Balachaur. Although the attacker was captured by the bouncers present on the stage, the reason behind the attack was not disclosed. Get India News
- In an interview, he revealed that it was the urge to be in front of the camera that led him to become a singer.
- During the interview, he also revealed that never pursued a professional course in music. He said that he learned to sing from his friend name Harsimran Singh Aujla Aka Baba.
- Prem Dhillon is a fitness enthusiast.