Nishtha Sharma is an Indian singer who is known for becoming the runner-up on the show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (2023).
Nishtha Sharma was born on Saturday, 25 March 2006 (age 17 years; as of 2023) in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Aries. She is studying at Stella Maris Convent School, Sultanpur.
Nishtha comes from a family with a musical background. She received her musical education from her parents and brother.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Nishtha’s father’s name is Jay Prakash Sharma, who is a music teacher.
Her mother’s name is Geeta Sharma, who is also a music teacher.
Her parents operate a music institute called Shri Swami Haridas Sangeet Sewa Sansthan in Sultanpur. She has an elder brother, Harshit Sharma, who is a singer. Her older brother studied music for his BA degree.
She follows Hinduism.
In 2014, she emerged as the winner of the show Family No. 1. When she was in class 5, she took part in the show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs and made it to the Top 30. In 2015, her friends from her parents’ institute applied for her to audition for Indian Idol Junior. She was selected in Lucknow and proceeded to Delhi, where she qualified and earned a golden ticket to Mumbai. In Mumbai, there were three rounds of theatre auditions, and she successfully passed two of them. She made it to the Top 20 in the show. Nishtha took part in the television show The Voice India Kids in 2016 when she was 10 years old. She joined Team Neeti Mohan and emerged as the champion of the show. As the winner, she received a cash prize of Rs. 25,00,000 and a contract with Universal Music. After winning the show, she said,
I would sincerely like to thank my coach for mentoring me and guiding me towards victory. Also, my parents who stood by me and encouraged my passion for singing. It is a great platform for singers like me to realise our potential and get an opportunity to be mentored by stalwarts from the industry.”
In 2019, she participated in the competition Superstar Singer and secured the second position. For her audition, she performed the song ‘Ghar more pardesiya,’ which she later posted on YouTube, reaching over 1 million views.
In 2023, she became a contestant on the television program ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.’ On the show, Judge Himesh Reshammiya provided her with a chance to sing in his film. Additionally, guest singer Udit Narayan offered her a duet opportunity for a concert. While participating in the show, she secured three OGs. However, she ended up as the runner-up of the competition.
In 2017, she launched an album titled ‘Udd Chala.’
During the same year, she also released a cover of the song ‘Sau Aasmaan.’ On 31 January 2018, she gave a live performance at IGI Stadium, Delhi during the Khelo India School Games.
In 2018, she was given the chance to sing in the promotional video song for an international magazine called Akhand Gyan DJJS. Nishtha Sharma – Instagram In 2020, she released the cover of the song “Ek Tak.”
- 2016: Rani Laxmi Bai Veerta Award
- 2017: Sultanpur Ratna
- 2017: Dhruv Star Award at the Sangeet Natak Academy by the IFC Committee
- 2019: ITA Award
- 2019: YONO SBI 20under20 award in the Performing Artist – Female category
- 2020: Junoon Award
- 2021: Manikarnika Honour
- 2021: Indian Icon Award
- Band(s): The Vamps, One Direction
- In March 2018, she became the topper in her class and was recognized as an all-around outstanding student in the school.
- In 2019, she made an appearance as a guest on The Kapil Sharma Show.
- In 2021, she scored 93.4% in the 12th board exams.
- In 2021, she was appointed as the brand ambassador for ‘beti bachao beti padhao.’
- In 2022, she was awarded the Silver Play button by YouTube.
- Besides singing, she enjoys playing the tabla.
- A road leading to her residence has been named Nishtha Sharma Marg in her honour.
- She has participated in several concerts and stage shows.
- In an interview, she mentioned that if she wasn’t a singer, she would have pursued a career as a CEO because she excels in academics. She believes she manages her studies and singing effectively. In an interview, she talked about how she manages it and said,
Actually, my mom and dad always thought me the importance of the studies in life. I know the studying will actually help you a lot, to know more about things and it will upgrade our vision to see world. Studying is as important as music in my life. Talking truly education is base and music are my toppings. I give nearly equal time to both the things. It not hard to manage the things when you actually love to do them, so you will never find any excuses to cut off your studies. Yea I love doing it.”