Mahir Pandhi is an Indian actor who played the role of Rajveer Singh Babbar in the Hindi television show ‘Choti Sarrdaarni’ (2019).
Mahir Pandhi was born on Tuesday, 2 December 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
He did his schooling at Delhi Public School, Noida. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication at Amity University, Greater Noida Campus (2015-2017). GlitzVision USA – YouTube He grew up in a highly disciplined family environment where routines and schedules were a way of life. His grandmother held the position of a principal, and his grandfather was involved in powerlifting. During his childhood, there was a rule in their household to wake up at 5:30 am every day for football practice. This dedication to regular practice greatly contributed to his success in football. Since then, he maintained a lifestyle centred around following a well-structured timetable. This discipline extended even to weekends, where he would go to bed early, around 9 pm, to prepare for school on Monday. He belonged to a close-knit joint family consisting of approximately 14 members.
As a child, he struggled with obesity, weighing over 130 kg, which made him lack confidence in sharing his pictures on social media platforms. However, after successfully losing weight and overcoming his insecurities, he made the decision to pursue a career in modelling, driven by his desire to be photographed. Initially, his main objective when he started working out and shedding pounds was to participate in the Mr India competition.
Since childhood, he had dreamed of becoming an actor. Additionally, he pursued a professional career in football. He began his acting journey during his third class, starting off by getting involved with All India Radio as a drama artist and engaging in various dubbing projects. Theatre also played a significant role in shaping his life and artistic development.
Height (approx.): 6′ 0″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Grey
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42′ Waist 32′ Biceps 14′
Parents & Siblings
Mahir’s father’s name is Nipun Pandhi.
His mother’s name is Niti Vasudeva Pandhi.
He has a younger sister Avya Pandhi.
He was rumoured to be dating his co-actor from the show Choti Sarrdaarni Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia, who is an actress. In an interview, he talked about the rumours and said,
I’m the one who keeps my private life private. I’ll still keep it private. But for the one who raised the topic it would be better if you clear it with that person about who it is. That’s a little better if it comes out from the source you will get accurate information. It’s her life her decisions you know once you’re you’re on a public platform uh you have to do certain things in a way that you wouldn’t do in reality. That’s what I would you know say, because I know people tend to get into your private life too much.”
He was rumoured to be dating Mehak Ghai, who is an actress.
He made his debut in 2019 with the Hindi show Choti Sarrdaarni and played the role of Rajveer Singh Babbar.
He has appeared in Hindi television shows including Pawan & Pooja as Raool (2020), Bebaakee as Dilsher (2020), and Vanshaj (2023).
In 2018, he became the winner of the beauty pageant called ‘Top Model India.’ The show aimed to transform 12 aspiring models into supermodels. Throughout the competition, they received guidance from judges Lisa Haydon, Atul Kasbekar, and Anaita Shroff Adajania, with mentorship from Shibani Dandekar. While the show didn’t offer any monetary prizes, he secured an opportunity to work with Bling Entertainment, who were supposed to manage his career after the show. He considered the first episode of the show to be the toughest because he had recovered from dengue and his body wasn’t in the best shape. Despite his fears of negative comments, he had to walk in swimwear, but he successfully overcame the challenge. In an interview after winning the show, he mentioned that if he didn’t succeed as a model, he would pursue a career in acting.
‘Blessings always guruji’ inked on the right wrist.
- Food: Sushi
- Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
- Actress: Gal Gadot
- Singer: The PropheC
- Season: Winters
- Film: Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- Mobile App: Instagram
- Animal: Dog
- Festival: Rakshabandhan
- After winning the beauty pageant, he relocated to Mumbai. However, his initial days in the city were challenging as he lacked any industry connections. Eventually, he made his debut with the show Choti Sarrdaarni. During an interview, he expressed his deep sense of pride and responsibility in portraying a character wearing a turban on the show. He emphasized that Choti Sarrdaarni aimed to showcase various aspects of Punjabi culture beyond the comedic stereotypes often associated with Sikhs.
- In an interview, he talked about TV shows being regressive and said,
I don’t think regression is the term. That’s the sort of content that people want to see. It’s selling and that’s what matters. At the end of the day, the people who are a part of it end up being big names. So it works for everyone.”
- In an interview, he mentioned that he keeps a relaxed and composed attitude and doesn’t get nervous. Prior to going on stage, he shared that he enjoys consuming food including items from his diet plan.
- In 2022, he shot for a Thai-English film that did not have a release on any OTT platform. This information surfaced when fans of Thai actress Bella Ranee Campen shared pictures on social media, which included Mahir in them.
- He does not like portraying a single character for a long time. Instead, he prefers to explore and experiment with different looks and genres.
- He is often seen consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often posts videos of his workout on social media.
- His idol is Robert Downey Jr.
- His first crush was Nora Fatehi.