Ishitta Arun is an Indian actress, VJ, dancer, lyricist, and interior designer. She is known to be the daughter of popular folk-pop singer Ila Arun.
Ishitta Arun was born on Friday, 14 September 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in Bombay, Maharashtra, India (now Mumbai). Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. Ishita has learned Kathak at Shiamak Davar’s Institute For The Performing Arts. She has taken singing classes from Ustad Maqbool Hussain.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
- On left forearm: Sun and flowers
- On the right shoulder: a symbol
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Arun Bajpai, is a retired Indian Navy personnel. Her mother, Ila Arun, is a renowned Indian actress and scriptwriter.
Husband & Children
On 27 May 2005, she got married to Dhruv Ghanekar, who is a music composer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist. They have two daughters, Amaala and Alaaya.
In an interview, while talking about religion, Ishitta said,
Chanting. This is my slab of solitude. I do my chanting and finish my prayers.”
In 1982, she appeared in a TV commercial for Vicks VapoRub.
Ishitta has performed in several theatre productions. A
At the age of 8, she appeared in a documentary, which was based on the life of famous classical singer Allah Jilai Bai.
In 1999, she made her music video debut in Sonu Nigam‘s song titled Bijuria from the album Mausam.
In 2000, she made her Tamil debut with the film Snegithiye in which she played the role of
Reality TV series
In 2010, she appeared as a contestant and got second runner-up position in a TV mini-series titled Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl, which aired on NDTV Imagine.
Ishitta has designed the outpost of a restaurant named Mia Cucina in Bandra. She has lent her designs to several restaurants, residences, and offices for celebrities including Terence Lewis. She has also designed the Wah Wah Studios in Mumbai and has held several exhibitions under her brand ‘Kishmish.’
When Ishitta was eight years old, she recorded two songs for the documentary which was based on the life of Allah Jilai Bai. She has also penned lyrics for Dhruv Ghanekar, Atif Aslam, Maher Zaine, Mahindra, Tata Steel, and Britannia Industries. In September 2012, she became a creative producer of Wah Wah Music production house. Arun has written several tracks for Bollywood films including Dhaakad (2022).
- When Ishitta was studying in school, the principal asked her to change her name from Ishitta Arun to Ishitta Bajpai as her mother, Ila Arun, was popular and the school wanted to keep their identities private.
- Ishitta learnt choreography from Saroj Khan for the song Bijuria.
- In an interview, Arun said that she has been writing for Ghanekar’s advertising campaigns for many years. Further, she added,
It started off as me having to step in for a writer who hadn’t turned up one day. Then it became a long-term thing. Everyone knows I act, but a few know that I write.”
- She said in an interview that the opening verses of the title song she wrote for the film Dhaakad (2022) were taken from the lullaby that her grandmother used to sing to her when she was a child. Further, she added,
It has been passed down from one generation to another. I have been singing it to my children for nine years. But, since my grandmother is no more, most of us remember only a few lines. I had the task to build on them.”
- In an Instagram post, while talking about her father, Ishitta revealed that it was her father who introduced her to hip-hop songs and pushed her to dance. Instagram – Ishitta Arun
- Ishitta and her husband, Dhruv, practice yoga twice a week.
- Her hobbies include reading books and listening to music.
- Ishitta loves baking cakes and muffins with her daughters.
- In an interview, on being asked if Ishitta wanted her daughters to become musicians when they grow up, she said,
We tell them to become anything but musicians!”
- She consumes alcoholic beverages occasionally.