Harish Kalyan is an Indian actor and playback singer who mainly works in Tamil and Telugu films.
Harish Kalyan was born on Sunday, 29 July 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kalyan, is an actor, film distributor, and music label owner.
On 28 October 2022, he got married to Narmada Udaykumar, an entrepreneur, at GPN Palace in Thiruverkadu, Chennai.
He dated South Indian television presenter and actress Priya Bhavani Shankar.
In 2010, he debuted as an actor in the Tamil film ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ as Anbu.
He has acted in many Tamil films such as ‘Sattapadi Kutram’ (2011), ‘Poriyaalan’ (2014), ‘Pyaar Prema Kaadhal’ (2018), ‘Dharala Prabhu’ (2020), and ‘Kasada Thapara’ (2021).
He made his debut in the Telugu films in ‘Jai Sriram’ (2013) in which he played the role of Sidhu. He has acted in various Telugu films like ‘Kaadhali’ (2017) and ‘Jersey’ (2019).
In 2017, he participated as a contestant in the first season of the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ in which he finished as the second runner-up.
He then appeared as a guest in various seasons of Bigg Boss Tamil including Bigg Boss (Tamil) – Season 2 (2018) and Bigg Boss (Tamil) – Season 3 (2019). In 2021, he appeared in the tribute show ‘Chinna Kalaivanar Vivek,’ which was organised in memory of late South Indian actor Vivek.
He is trained in Hindustani music and is well versed in playing the keyboard. He released his independent single in Tamil titled “I’m Single,” in which he penned down the lyrics of the song and lent his voice, in 2016.
He sung the Tamil song “Yei Kadavulae” from the film ‘Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum’ in 2019.
- 2019: Edison Awards for Romantic Hero of the Year in the Tamil film Pyaar Prema Kaadhal
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- Actor: Rajinikanth
- TV Show: Cooku with Comali (2019)
- In 2016, his father played the role of Harish Kalyan’s character’s (Arul) father in the Tamil film ‘Vil Ambu.’
- In an interview, when he was asked why he thought of becoming an actor. He replied,
Many shoots from KB sir’s serials to Visu sir’s movie used to take place in my house, so I’ve been watching film shoots since childhood. Maybe, I was subconsciously attracted to it because I had grown up watching the shoots. When I was in Class VI, my friend and I went and watched Thalapathy Vijay’s Shahjahan. It was quite fascinating to see people clap for him and enjoy the film. That kind of created an interest. And I used to perform in dramas and dances at school, so the thought made a re-entry. I joined an engineering course, but I strongly felt that I should concentrate on acting, and quit it. People at home were supportive. I did Viscom and started learning about the film industry, and that was when I became totally focussed on this.”
- Harish is a religious person and has a deep faith in god.
- He regularly works out in the gym to maintain his fitness.
- Harish is an avid motorcycle lover and loves going on motorcycle rides with his friends.
View this post on Instagram
- In his leisure time, he loves to play football.
- Harish has been featured on the cover page of various magazines.