Roopa Rayappa is an Indian actress, model, content creator, and meme maker, who predominantly works in the Kannada film industry. She is known for appearing in the popular pan-India film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022) as Shanthi.
Roopa Rayappa was born on Monday, 2 December 1991 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She did her schooling at Indian Public School, Bangalore. Roopa studied PCMB at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore, in 2009. Thereafter, she attended Atria Institute of Technology, Bangalore, to pursue Electronics & Communication Engineering.
She desired to become an actress since childhood. Roopa joined a theatre group while she was in the final year of her college, and took part in a number of plays.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurement(s): 34-28-34
Not much is known about her parents. She has an elder brother.
Roopa started her career by acting in commercial plays. She has been a part of many popular English and Kannada theatre groups like Bangalore Little Theater, Jagriti Theatre, PraKaSam, and MeeMaw Mystery Theatre.
Desiring to become an actress since childhood, Roopa auditioned for a role in the Kannada period action drama K.G.F: Chapter 1 in October 2016. Although she failed at the audition, Roopa was offered some other role in the film; she played the role of Shanthi, a slave, in the film. The film was released on 21 December 2018 in theatres across India. It was dubbed in four other languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi.
In the same year, she played a small role in the Kannada film Trataka. Subsequently, she featured in a few short films like Ksana and Laali.
Rayappa was spotted in a short film by the makers of the Kannada film ‘One Cut Two Cut’ (2022), who offered her the role of ‘Neha’ in the film.
Roopa also appeared in the Kannada film ‘Mysore Diaries’ (2022).
In the same year, she appeared in the sequel of the Kannada period action drama K.G.F: Chapter 1. Roopa played the role of Shanthi, a worker at K.G.F, in K.G.F: Chapter 2.
Advertisement & Music Video
Roopa has been featured in the TV commercials of many popular brands like Colors Super, a TV channel, and Karle Infra, a real estate and urban infrastructure development company headquartered in Bangalore.
View this post on Instagram
She has also featured in the print advertisements of brands like MFine and Bank Bazaar.
She has appeared in the music videos of many Kannada songs including Sakhi by Rao Nandakishore.
- Film Genre: Comedy
- Actress(es): Amy Poehler, Tina Fey
- Travel Destination: Los Angeles
- Attire: Saree
- Roopa loves reading and travelling in her leisure time.
- She is a film buff. Roopa used to watch a minimum of two movies every day while she was a teenager.
- Rayappa is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- Before venturing into acting, Roopa used to manage the backstage operations.
- Although Roopa played a blink-and-miss role in the period action film K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018), her role left an impact on the audience and critics. Talking about it in an interview, Roopa said,
A lot of industry insiders have recognised me. In the past, I had to go looking for opportunities. Now when I say I have acted in KGF, they take me seriously. The film fraternity has started recognising me because of this film, and congratulatory messages have been pouring in. It has been generating more work for me.”
- In an interview, she shared that she lost a film as she didn’t know how to drive a car. She said,
I just lost out on one because I didn’t know driving. However, I have one project which is getting finalised, and I am in talks for another film.”
- During an interview, Roopa revealed that she wanted to act in Tamil films like ‘Aruvi’ (2016) and ‘Aramm’ (2017) and Kannada films like ‘Nathicharami’ (2018).
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Vogue.
- In 2015, she received a ‘Best Short Film Karnataka’ award for the film ‘Nityakarma’ at the Bengaluru International Short Film Festival (BISFF).
- She draws inspiration from many renowned leaders and philosophers including Martin Luther King Jr. and Albert Einstein.