Sshivada is an Indian actress who appears in Malayalam and Tamil films. She is famous for her roles in Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam (2015) (Malayalam), and Adhe Kangal (2017) (Tamil).
K. V. Srilekha, better known as Sshivada, Malayala Manorama was born on Wednesday, 23 April 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India. Sshivada completed her schooling at Viswajyothi CMI Public School, Angamaly after her family relocated to Kerala from Tamil Nadu. She pursued her bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering (B.Tech) at Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady, Ernakulam, Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
She was born in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, where she studied till the fifth standard and then her family relocated to Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
Husband & Children
In 2015, Sshivada got married to her long-term boyfriend actor Murali Krishnan whom she met in college.
Sshivada made a brief appearance in the Malayalam anthology Kerala Cafe, released in 2009. In 2011, she was cast as the lead actress in Malayalam director Fazil’s supernatural romantic film Living Together. Sshivada took a break from acting after she gave birth to her daughter Arundhathi. In an interview, she revealed that she had to back out from three films as she was pregnant with her daughter; all the projects were with top actors; however, Sshivada had no regrets, as she considered her daughter more valuable than anything else.
In 2015, she was cast as the lead actress in Ranjith Sankar’s comedy-drama Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam; Sshivada played the role of Kalyani a Speech Therapist and received positive reviews for her performance. In 2016, she was cast in Sajid Yahiya’s directorial Inspector Dawood Ibrahim (IDI); she played the lead actress (Nithya Niranjan) opposite Jayasurya. Sshivada played the role of ‘Anitha’ in the Kunchacko Boban starrer Shikkari Shambhu, released on January 2018. She played a cameo role in Prithviraj Sukumaran’s directorial debut, Lucifer released in 2019; the film became the highest-grossing Malayalam film. In 2022, Sshivada was cast as one of the lead actors in the musical drama film Meri Awas Suno and acted alongside her favourite actress Manju Warrier.
She played the role of Dr Nayana in Jeethu Joseph’s mystery thriller 12th Man; the Mohanlal starrer was released on Disney+ Hotstar on 20 May 2022.
In 2014, she was cast as the lead actress in Nedunchaalai, and her character (Manga) won positive critical reviews and was popular among the audience. Baradwaj Rangan, the former deputy editor of The Hindu, called her a “terrific newcomer.” The Hindu Sshivada was cast as Priya/Lilith in the 2016 fantasy horror film Zero, the film failed at the box office, but her performance was noted. She played the role of Vasundhra alias Deepa and Ashwini in Adhe Kangal (2017) and received accolades for her performance. In 2021, she was cast in ‘Maara,’ an adaptation of the 2015 Malayalam movie Charlie, as ‘Kani’.
- 2017: Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award – Best Performance by an Actress in a Villainous Role – Adhe Kangal
- 2018: South Indian International Movie Awards – Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Adhe Kangal
- 2019: Asianet Film Awards – Best Character Actress – Chanakyatanthram
- In an interview, she revealed that there was no ‘Nair’ as a suffix with her name and added that she did not believe in adding caste names to her name. Deccan Chronicle
- Before Sshivada became an actress, she used to anchor television programs to earn pocket money. Malayala Manorama
- She was a vegetarian for most of her life but started eating non-vegetarian food after marriage. In an interview, Sshivada revealed that she liked Indian food and she does not experiment with the non-vegetarian varieties offered when visiting other countries.
- Sshivada is an admirer of veteran Malayalam actress Manju Warrier.