Shane Nigam is an Indian actor, who mainly acts in Malayalam films and TV serials. He is known for appearing in the Malayalam films Kismath (2016), Parava (2017), Kumbalangi Nights (2019), and Ishq (2019).
Shane Nigam was born on Thursday, 21 December 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Kochi, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Kalabhavan Abi, was an impressionist, comedian, actor, and dubbing artist. His mother’s name is Sunila. He has two sisters named Ahana and Aleena.
In 2010, he started his career as a child actor with the Malayalam film ‘Thanthonni’ in which he played the young Kochukunju.
In the same year, he appeared in the Malayalam film ‘Anwar’ as a boy in a booth. He then played supporting roles in a few Malayalam films like ‘Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi’ (2013), ‘Balyakalasakhi’ (2014), and ‘Kammatipaadam’ (2016).
Shane appeared as a lead actor in various Malayalam films such as ‘Kismath’ (2016), ‘Ishq’ (2019), ‘Bhoothakaalam’ (2022), ‘Ullasam’ (2022), and ‘Corona Papers’ (2023).
Shane has also acted in a few Malayalam TV serials like ‘Bullet Bava’ (2005; Surya TV), ‘Gulumal Bhai’ (2005; Kairali TV), ‘Hello Kuttichathan’ (2007; Asianet).
In 2012, he appeared in a few Malayalam short films like ‘Matinee,’ ‘Kadalum Phonum Teenegerum,’ and ‘Chiri.’ He has also directed these short films which were uploaded on YouTube.
In 2007, he participated as a contestant in the Malayalam reality TV show ‘Super Dancer Junior,’ which aired on Amrita TV.
In 2022, he sang and composed the song “Raa Thaarame” from the Malayalam film ‘Bhoothakaalam.’
Fued with Joby George
In 2019, he accused the Indian producer Joby George of giving him death threats for cutting his hair. Shane took to his Facebook account to talk about it. He said,
I have never come live on Facebook or have never wished to trouble anyone. But, I am emotional about this because I don’t know what might happen to me next. I just slightly trimmed my hair (for Qurbaani). Veyil producer Joby George has made death threats to me.”
He also filed a complaint against Joby at the Association of Malayalam Movie Actors (AMMA). However, when Joby was asked about the incident he accused Shane of demanding Rs 10 lakh more than the decided fees of Rs 30 lakh. Joby said that he did not threaten him and only explained the financial burdens he had. Later, Shane and Joby resolved the issue and Joby even apologised to Shane for making wrong comments. Later, while addressing the media, Kerala Film Producers Association officials banned Shane to act in films until Shane compensated for the loss. The Indian Express An official from the association said,
Appearance is very important in the film. By trimming the hair, he (Nigam) insulted the producer who had invested crores in the industry. Besides, Nigam demanded more money from the producer of the film Ullasam to finish the dubbing. The contract with the producer was for Rs 25 lakh, but he demanded another Rs 20 lakh for dubbing. No other artiste behaved in such a manner. The ban on Nigam is a warning to all. Everyone is speaking about the abuse of drugs at shooting locations. Police should inspect the locations as well as caravans of actors. Drug abuse is one of the reasons for indiscipline.”
- 2016: Asiavision Award for New Sensation in Acting (Male) for the film Kismath
- 2017: South Indian International Movie Award for Best Debut Actor for the film Kismath
- 2017: Minnale Film & Television Award for Best New Hero for the film Kismath
- 2017: Yuva Award for Rising Star (Male) for the film Parava
- 2018: South Indian International Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Parava
- 2019: Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair (along with Nimisha Sajayan) for the film Eeda
- 2019: Behindwoods Gold Medals 7th Edition for Best Actor Malayalam for the film Ishq
- 2019: Vanitha Film Award for Best Star Pair Award (along with Anna Ben) for the film Kumbalangi Nights
- In an interview, he shared that he started acting when he was 9 years old. He said that acting happened to him accidentally. However, he used to enjoy watching films and watching film songs on TV. He used to dance to Rajinikanth and Shah Rukh Khan‘s songs in his childhood. He further shared how he started his career in acting. He said,
I was more interested in the technical aspects and acting just happened. I had appeared in a single shot in Amal Neerad’s Anwar. Soubin was an AD there and we hit it off instantly. Later he suggested my name to Rajeev Ravi and I was cast in Annayum Rasoolum as the heroine’s brother.”
- In his leisure time, he loves listening to music and doing photography.
- Shane has been featured on the cover of a few magazines like Vanitha Magazine and Grehlakshmi.