Pramod Shetty is an Indian actor known for his work in Kannada films. He played the role of Sudhakara in the Kannada language film “Kantara.”
Pramod Shetty was born on Wednesday, 31 August 1983 (age 39 years; as of 2022) in Kundapura, Udupi district, Karnataka, India. His Zodiac sign is Virgo. He attended Vijaya College (earlier known as BHS First Grade college) in Jayanagar, Bengaluru.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
Pramod Shetty got married to Supreetha Shetty, an Indian actress, in December 2010. The couple has two children, a son, and a daughter.
Pramod Shetty started his acting career with theatrical production when he was in college. He made his Kannada debut as a supporting actor with the film “Jugaari” in 2010. The actor got recognition in the film industry after playing the role of Dinesha in the Kannada film “Ulidavaru Kandante” (2014).
Pramod Shetty was the co-producer of the Kannada film “Katha Sangama” (2019) and also appeared as a supporting actor in the film. In 2020, the actor played his first lead role in the Kannada film “Ondu Shikariya Kathe.”
His performance as Tukaram in the Kannada film “Avane Srimannarayana” (2019) and as Guddi Sudhakara in the film “Kantara” (2022) received a huge acclamation from the audience.
In 2023, he made his Malayalam debut with the film “Ajayante Randam Moshanam.” Some other Kannada films in which Shetty appeared include “Kirik Party” (2016), “Sarkaari Hiriya Praathamika Shaale, Kaasaragodu, Koduge: Raamanna Rai” (2018), “Bell Bottom” (2019), “Hero” (2021), and “Harikathe Alla Girikathe” (2022).
- Pramod Shetty got nominated for Best Comedian at the South Indian International Movie Awards 2017 for his performance in the Kannada film “Kirik Party” (2016).
- In 2021, he was nominated for Best Supporting Role at the South Indian International Movie Awards 2021 for the Kannada film “Avane Srimannarayana” (2019).
- He was also nominated for Best Actor in a Debut Role at South Indian International Movie Awards 2021 for the Kannada film “Ondu Shikariya Kathe” (2020).
- The actor won an award for Best Actor in a Negative Role at the South Indian International Movie Awards 2022 for his performance in the Kannada film “Hero” (2021).
- In 2022, he won the ‘Chittara Star Award’ for Outstanding Achievement in Kannada Film Industry.
- He won ‘Chanakya Award’ for Communicator of the Year in 2022.
- In September 2022, Shetty won the SIIMA Award for Best Villain for his performance in the film “Hero.”
- Before entering the film industry, Pramod Shetty acted in more than 60 television serials.
- Shetty wanted to become a racer since childhood and learned to drive when he was eight years old. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I learnt to drive when I was eight; my first tutor being a driver called Paddu. By the time I was in Class 10, my family would let me drive them from Mangaluru to Kundapura.” The Times of India
- The actor considered working in the Kannada film “Avan Srimannarayana” (2019) to be his dream come true as the film was dubbed in different languages. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I did get offers in Tamil and Telugu films, but I had to give them up because of date issues. Today, I am not feeling sorry about that, because I am spreading my wings with an ambitious project, which is releasing in all south Indian languages as well as Hindi.” The New Indian Express
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2||The New Indian Express|