Surya Narayana is an Indian radio jockey and mimicry artist who is known for his character ‘Konda Babu’ on TV9 Telugu.
Surya Narayana was born on Monday, 1 April 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022), and he hails from Rajahmundry, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh. He spent his childhood in Pasuvullanka and Bhimavaram. His zodiac sign is Aries. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in Pasuvullanka. The Times of India Later, he shifted to Hyderabad. In an interview, he revealed that he was studying PG when he had a breakup and decided not to attend college any further. After he left college, his friends sent his resume to the Red FM office without telling him. Initially, he was not willing to go for the interview, but later, he thought that at least he would have a chance to have lunch at the five-star hotel Sheraton, the venue of the auditions. In the interview, he was asked to mimic many celebrities after which he was shortlisted in the top 50 out of 650 people. He passed the auditions and secured a and started working as a radio jockey at Red FM in Hyderabad. Although his East Godavari slang wasn’t welcomed at the beginning, he soon picked up the culture and the language.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Surya’s father’s name is not known.
His mother, Saraswathi, rolled tobacco for a living.
In an interview, he said that he had one brother, who died due to kidney failure.
Wife & Children
Surya is unmarried.
At the beginning of his career, he used to take mimicry gigs for supplement income. Apart from working as an RJ, he has also written comedy bits for various projects, one of them being Director AV Rao Comedy on 93.5 Red FM. In 2013, he started working at Red FM Telugu.
He not only conducts shows on the radio but also writes his own scripts. In an interview, he talked about writing scripts and said,
Writing comedy is easy for me because I feel that is the one time I can go ahead and put my thoughts onto the paper as an audience without having to cater to a star or company.”
In 2014, he appeared as a video jockey on the television channel Gemini Comedy. In 2017, he was a mimicry artist on the program ‘Mimicry Mela’ on Sakshi TV.
He gained popularity with the satirical news program Ismart News in which he appeared as Konda Babu on TV9.
In 2022, he appeared in the Telugu reality show Bigg Boss 6.
In 2016, Surya made his debut with the Telugu film Guntur Talkies.
In 2017, he appeared in the Telugu film PSV Garuda Vega.
In 2017, he appeared in the web series Flat No. 706 on YouTube.
- His hobbies include travelling and mimicry.
- He is fond of cooking and follows a non-vegetarian diet. New Indian Express
- He left his college while pursuing his master’s because his girlfriend broke up with him. In an interview, he said that he used to feel so angry at that time, and he was afraid he would fight with someone in college.
- When he moved to Hyderabad, he did not understand the language and slang of the people there, but later, he got used to the culture. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I was a gold-medalist in mimicry, and that art requires quick -learning and adapting various speech patterns. That helped me in learning the ways of Hyderabad.”
- He used to miss his home a lot because he faced a lot of problems during his initial days in Hyderabad. In the interview, he further said,
Those eight months were torturous. I would often feel, what am I doing in this far away place. Don’t I have my own people back home etc. I couldn’t fall asleep so I would wander off onto the roads.”
- In an interview, he said that he wanted to do villain roles in movies. He further talked about this and said,
A hero has morals and ethics and he on principle doesn’t beat up anyone else except the villain. But the villain is unhinged. He has no limitations. He can be bad and be so to everyone, the hero, the heroine, their family, everyone! That’s why I want to play a villain.”
- He sold his bike to buy a mobile as it was a necessary requirement for his work. In an interview, he said that he holds that mobile very dear.
- In an interview, he said that he was extremely afraid of darkness and didn’t watch horror films.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2||New Indian Express|