Malavika Mohanan is an Indian actress who mainly works in Malayalam Films. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Saral’ in the Malayalam film “Nirnayakam” (2015).
Malavika Mohanan was born on Tuesday, 4 August 1992 (age 27 Years; as in 2019) in Payyanur, Kannur District, Kerala. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She grew up in Mumbai.
She did her graduation in Mass Media from Mumbai’s Wilson College. One day, Mohanan accompanied her father to shoot for fairness cream. There, she met the Malayalam actor, Mammootty who enquired Malavika about her interest in acting and later, he offered a lead role in the Malayalam film “Pattam Pole” opposite his son, Dulquer Salmaan. Reportedly, Malavika took considerable time to accept the proposal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Malavika Mohanan belongs to a Hindu Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, K. U. Mohanan is a cinematographer. Her mother’s name is Beena Mohanan. She has a brother, Aditya Mohanan.
Malavika Mohanan is rumoured to be in a relationship with the Bollywood actor, Vicky Kaushal.
Malavika Mohanan started her acting career in 2013 with the Malayalam film “Pattam Pole” in which she played the role of ‘Riya.’ The film received mixed reviews and performed average on the box office. Next, she portrayed a ballet dancer in the film “Nirnayakam.” She made her Kannada film debut in 2016 with the film “Naanu Mattu Varalakshmi.”
Subsequently, she appeared in the Hindi film “Beyond the Clouds.”
In 2019, she made her Tamil film debut by playing the role of ‘Poongodi Malik’ in the film “Petta.” In addition to films, she has also featured in advertisements of many popular brands, including “Hero Honda” and “Mathrubhumi Yathra.”
In May 2019, Malavika posted a picture on her Instagram profile, which went viral and received hate comments. In the picture, she was seen wearing white tank top and blue shorts. Many users asked her not to reveal her body and change her pose while some of them made derogatory remarks, which questioned her character. The actress later gave befitting reply to their haters. She posted another picture from the same photoshoot and wrote,
So many comments and opinions about how a respectable girl should dress. On that note, here, take one more picture of me sitting very respectably wearing whatever the hell I want to wear.”
- Actor: Rajinikanth
- Film: Pattanapravesham (Malayalam, 1988)
- Film Director: Wong Kar-wai
- Her hobbies include dancing and listening to music.
- Her father, K.U. Mohanan is a renowned cinematographer who has worked for popular Bollywood films like “Don” (2006), Talaash (2012), Fukrey (2013), and Raees (2017).
- In 2015, she won the special jury award at the Jaycey Awards for her performance in the Malayalam film “Nirnayakam” (2015).
- In 2017, Mohanan got selected by film director, Majidi to play the role of Ishaan Khatter‘s sister for the Bollywood film “Beyond The Clouds.” Reportdly, the Bollywood actresses, Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut were also being considered for the role.
- Initially, she desired to become a cinematographer or a film director.
- Malavika designed her own clothes for the film “Pattam Pole;” as the costume designer of the film got ill. At that time, she developed an interest in fashion and founded an Indian ethnic fusion clothing brand “The Scarlet Window.”
- She has walked the ramp at various fashion shows, like the Lakme Fashion Week.
- Mohanan has featured on the cover of the SMARTlife Magazine.
- Malavika loves collecting the rings and has a huge collection of it.
- Mohanan shared in an interview that she was a part of the eve-teasing campaign “Chappal Maarungi” in her college days.