Priya Anand is an Indian model and actress who appears in Bollywood and South Indian films. She is known for her films “Leader,” “180,” “Fukrey,” “Ezra,” “Orange,” “LKG,” “Adithya Varma,” and many more.
Priya Anand was born as ‘Priya Bharadwaj Anand’ on Wednesday, 17 September 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She was raised in Chennai and Hyderabad. Her family moved to the USA, around 19 years back. She did her Major in Communications (minor in business, journalism and African studies) from the State University of New York at Albany (SUNY Albany). She came to India in 2008, and since then, she is staying with her grandparents in Chennai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Priya Anand’s father’s name is Bharadwaj and her mother’s name is Radha. Her father is a Tamil, and her mother is half-Telugu and half-Marathi.
She is the only child of her parents.
Being fascinated by movies, since her childhood, she wanted to get into technical aspects of filmmaking and wanted to work as an assistant director to S. Shankar. Instead, she got into modelling and worked on a few advertisements such as Natural Maha Lacto (with Mahinder Singh Dhoni), Prince Jewellery Diamond Collection (Bharati Raja voice-over), Cadbury Dairy Milk (Diwali special), etc.
Priya was supposed to make her acting debut with the Tamil Film “Pugaippadam” (2010) but the film released 2 years later. Her first release came with the film “Vaamanan” (2009), in which she played the role of ‘Divya.’
Priya Anand made her Telugu debut with the film “Leader” (2010), in which she played the role of ‘Ratna Prabha.’
She made her Bollywood debut with the film “English Vinglish” in 2012, in which she played the role of ‘Radha.’
She made her Malayalam debut with the film “Ezra” (2017) in the role of ‘Priya.’
She made her Kannada debut with the film “Raajakumara (2017)” as ‘Nandini.’
- On 20 April 2019, a Twitterati labelled Anand as ‘bad luck’ to her co-stars Sridevi and J. K. Rithesh, who has acted with her in the movies “English Vinglish” and “LKG,” respectively. Citing the logic behind his statement, he said that both the actors died after acting with her. Anand replied that the troll’s comment was ‘insensitive.’ She further added-
But please know that what you say can really trigger a lot of pain in people. So before you make such comments I hope u take a second and practice having some empathy and restrain from such petty frivolous behavior”
- Dessert: Ice Cream
- Food: Iranian Barbeque, Cotton Candy
- Flower: Sunflower
- Actor: Akshay Kumar, Brahmanandam
- Actress: Sridevi
- Film(s): Kshana Kshana (2007), Agni Natchathiram (1988)
- Anime Character: Po (Kung Fu Panda)
- Travel Destination: Italy
- She likes dancing and travelling.
- She is fluent in 7 languages, which include Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Hindi, English, and Spanish.
- Sekhar Kammula spotted ‘Priya Anand’ on facebook and invited her for an audition. After going through three auditions, she was selected for the lead role of ‘Ratna Prabha’ in the film “Leader” (2010).
- On 20 June 2011, she was appointed as the brand ambassador of ‘Save the Children’ campaign for Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh.
- She is a huge fan of Sridevi. In the film “English Vinglish,” she got a chance to act with her idol. Talking about it, she says-
I signed this film just to be up and close to an artist who has influenced me and to be part of something that was so important to her. I’m doing this movie as her fan and I’m fortunate enough to play a very important part in her journey in the film.”
- She is an animal lover and owns a dog named ‘bumblebee.’
- The song “Aedho Saigirai,” the song from her debut film “Vaamanan” (2009), which featured her became an instant hit. The song was dubbed as the ‘Priya Song.’
- She is a foodie and likes ice-creams.
- In 2013, she campaigned for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India.
- Priya is the brand ambassador of Deafenabled Foundation, which aids in to provide literacy in Indian sign languages.
Never Has Learning A Language Been More Exciting!
Please Download The DEF-ISL App And Join Me In Learning The Indian Sign Language!
— Priya Anand (@PriyaAnand) April 10, 2019