Falguni Pathak is an Indian female singer and composer. Popularly known as the “Queen of Dandiya“, she is famous for singing traditional music forms of Gujarat. Let’s know more about Falguni Pathak’s personal as well as professional life.
Falguni Pathak was born on 12 March 1969 Falguni Pathak Official Website (53 years; age as of 2022). She has a large fan base in India and abroad ever since she debuted professionally in the year 1998. She has sung infinite traditional Gujarati and Hindi love songs. Pathak also performs at live concerts in India and abroad. She is supported by the band Ta Thaiya, which includes 18 members. Falguni has also appeared in Hindi television serials. Falguni Pathak is quite famous for her Navratri songs.
Falguni Pathak is the fifth daughter of her parents and was born in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. There is an age gap of almost 8 years between Falguni and her fourth sister. Her parents were expecting a boy when Falguni was about to be born; this can be the probable reason behind her unique dressing style. Moreover, her four elder sisters always used to dress her as a boy while playing with her in the childhood.
She is unmarried as of now.
Falguni Pathak completed her B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) from Smt. M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. She made her debut in Bollywood with the song “Kya Mil Gayi Dusri” for the film Aandhiyan (1990). However, Pathak’s debut album was released in 1998. Initially, PolyGram, a production company, wanted her to launch her with a ‘Dandiya’ album, but later, they decided to make a pop album; as they wanted to target the whole of India.
She received her training in folk music from Diwaliben Bhil. She was also trained under Bhavdeep Jaipurwale for 5 years.
Most of her songs are centered around the idea of love. Her inspiration is her spiritual guru Shri Aniruddha Bapu.
She recorded a song for the first time when she was only 10 years old; for a Gujarati movie alongside Alka Yagnik. However, the song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi” (1998) marked her debut in the Hindi music industry.
Some of her other famous singles include “Maine Payal Hai Chhankai”, “Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye”, “Saawan Mein“, etc.
Falguni Pathak also appeared in the Hindi TV serials “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” and “Baa Bahoo Aur Baby.” Besides these, she also made her appearance in reality shows, which included “Kaun Banega Crorepati“, “Star Dandiya Dhoom“, and “Comedy Nights Bachao.”
Falguni Pathak is quite popular among the Gujarati community for her Navratri special songs. One of the famous Gujarati songs, which is high in demand during the Navratri season, is “Indhana Vinvaa Gayi Thi More Saiyan.”
In 2002, she tried her hand in costume designing and made contributions in films like- Dil Vil Pyar Vyar and Dil Hai Tumhaara.
Falguni Pathak charges nearly ₹ 20-25lakh/show.
Double-meaning words in her songs
In October 2010, during the Navratri celebration in the Garden city, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, the residents accused Falguni Pathak and actress Shefali Jariwala for using double meaning words and doing obscene gestures on stage.
Row with Neha Kakkar over her song ‘O Sajna’
In September 2022, several fans of Falguni Pathak criticized Neha Kakkar for the remake of Pathak’s song ‘Maine Payal Hai Chhankai.’ Falguni Pathak also took to Instagram to share screenshots of her fans condemning Kakkar for her song titled ‘O Sajna.’ NDTV
Falguni Pathak owns a Mercedes-Benz.
- Falguni Pathak likes to eat simple vegetarian food. Her list of favorite food includes Dal Dhokla, Pasta, Pizza, Pani Puri, and Sev Puri.
- She likes to drink Chamomile Tea.
- Her favourite singers are Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, R.D. Burman, Shankar Mahadevan, Usha Uthup, Shubha Mudgal, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Michael Jackson, Boyzone, Diwaliben Bhil, Divya Kumar, and Parthiv Gohil.
- Falguni likes to dine in Elco Resturant, Bandra and Puranmal, Vile Parle West, Mumbai.
- She likes to go on long drives with her family.
- Pathak loves traveling and visiting new places.
- Falguni’s favorite attire is chinos paired with a loose-fitting T-shirt and a black waistcoat.
- Falguni considers everything as God’s gift.
- She has never applied nail paint.
- Since childhood, Falguni has kept short hair. She, once, grew her hair till her shoulders only on the insistence of her mother.
- In 2014, Mangal Entertainment and 3rd Rock Multimedia signed her for an amazing deal of 1.6 crores (INR) for Navratri.
- She has never worn Salwar-Kameez or Ghagra-Choli in her whole life.
- Falguni wears makeup only during her shows.
- As a kid, she used to listen to a lot of radio and eventually developed an interest in singing. at the age of 9, she gave her first stage performance at the INS Udaigiri ship on the occasion of Independence day on the song “Laila O Laila” from the film ‘Qurbani’ (1980).
- When her father first came to know about her stage performances, he scolded her and even punished her physically.
- Being brought up in a Gujarati family, she grew up listening ‘Garba,’ which made her inclination towards this genre. It was her mother, who taught her Garba folk songs, and from 1986 onwards, she started as a chorus singer at the Navratri events.
- Her address is 501, Shilpa Building, West Avenue Road, Santacruz West, Mumbai – 400054.