Taba Chake is an Indian finger-style guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
Taba Chake was born in Friday, 24 December 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019) in the Rono village of Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his schooling from Govt. Higher Secondary School, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh.
He did his graduation from Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. Later, he also studied Music in Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music in Chennai but dropped out of it before graduating.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He belongs to the Nyishi Tribe. Indian Express He has an elder brother and also has a younger sister named Katrin.
Taba Chake started his musical journey in 2009 when he became part of a Hindi band in Arunachal Pradesh. He performed with the band till 2011. The band released two songs in 2011; one of them being ‘Sun Le Meri.’
After the band was disbanded, he decided to become an independent musician and began performing at clubs; first in Delhi, then Mumbai. Reminiscing about those times, he said,
I remember singing the same lyrics in different tunes almost every weekend, and you know what… It was only me who knew [them]! No one cared.”
He has travelled around the world; playing in various music festivals such as Ragasthan, Ziro Festival of Music, Shine A Light, New Wave Asia, and Songs and Dances of NorthEast. His debut EP ‘Bond with Nature’ was released in 2016.
He first full-length album titled “Bombay Dream” was released in 2019.
Being a native of Nyishi tribe, his music is inspired by the tribal folklore, birds, and nature. He mainly sings in Nishi (his native tongue), Hindi, and English.
- Singer: Bryan Adams, Michael Jackson
- Band: Eagles
- He likes listening to music, travelling, and doodling.
- He is a dog lover and owns pet dogs; one of the dog’s name is Ponchi.
- He was passionate about music since his childhood. He started listening to music and recreating them when he was six and began writing songs when he was 11 years old.
- While studying in a boarding school, he was introduced to guitar but didn’t have any interest in it. Later, one of his talented hostel mates played a song of Bryan Adams on guitar and also sang it. The incident influenced Taba to take guitar playing seriously.
- In 2014, he participated in the All India FingerStyle Competition by Infinite Souls and came second.
- He is well versed in Assamese, Nagamese Creole, Hindi, English, and Nishi languages.
References [ + ]