Deepti Pruthvi is an Indian doctor and rally navigator who is popular in the Indian rally racing circuit for partnering with her daughter, Shivani Pruthvi, in the races.
Deepthi Pruthvi was born on Sunday, 10 August 1969 (age 54 years; as of 2023) in Davanagere, Karnataka, India. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents and siblings.
Husband & Children
Her husband, BS Pruthvi, is a former racer who is popular in Bengaluru for once doing a 60 km race on a flat tire.
Her daughter, Shivani Pruthvi, is a doctor, racer, and rally driver.
In January 2005, she joined the SS Institute of Medical Sciences, Davangere as a Pathologist and professor. She has published many research papers and written many books.
When Deepti was 50 years old, she became a navigator for her daughter Shivani as no experienced navigator wanted to work with Shivani.
She talked about the difficulties she faced during her early days and said that she was made to sit in a room having high temperature to get used to the rally conditions.
She also had to learn the rules of rally driving and signals and notes of navigation. She started competing in races with her daughter, Shivani Pruthvi, as her navigator in 2019, and their first rally was the South Indian Rally 2019.
She also won Times Women’s Drive with her mother, for two consecutive years, in 2018 and 2019. In 2021, she took part in the KMS 50 Grand Prix held in Coimbatore.
Wins & Podium Finishes
- Third place in Divas on Wheels and Time Speed Distance Rally in 2019
- First place in the Shalmala River Protection Rally in 2019
- 2nd runner up in Sprint race of KMS 50 Grand Prix Race held in Coimbatore in 2021
- Featured in Fab 40 list in Femina India magazine in September 2021
- Outstanding Alumni Award of St. Paul’s Girls High School, Davanagere in August 2022
- She is a dog lover and has a pet dog.
- Her daughter, Shivani Pruthvi, was sceptical of Deepti’s aptitude for rallying; however, she was assured of Deepti’s skills as a rally navigator when they got into an accident due to which their car flipped many times in which Deepti suffered a cut in her finger; however, when she came out of the car, she did not flinch and started extinguishing the fire with a fire extinguisher.
- She has been featured in various advertisements for automobile parts manufacturers such as JK Tyres and Volkswagen.