Asser Malik is a Pakistani businessman. As of 2021, he is the General Manager High Performance at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). He is known for being the husband of the Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai.
Asser Malik was born in 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. He did his schooling at Aitchison College, Lahore. In childhood, Asser was good at sports and was a part of his school’s football and hockey teams. After completing his schooling, Malik attended Lahore University of Management Sciences to pursue a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Economics and Political Science. LinkedIn- Asser Malik Post his graduation, Asser worked as an HR intern at Engro Foods Limited, Pakistan, for two months.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about his parents and siblings.
Asser got married to the Pakistani activist for female education Malala Yousafzai on 9 November 2021 in a low-key nikaah ceremony at Malala’s home in Birmingham, England. Malala, while sharing the details of the same took to Twitter, and wrote,
Today marks a precious day in my life. Asser and I tied the knot to be partners for life. We celebrated a small nikkah ceremony at home in Birmingham with our families. Please send us your prayers. We are excited to walk together for the journey ahead.”
Asser Malik belongs to a Muslim family and follows Islam. The Knot
Asser Malik started his career as a Key Account Manager with AkzoNobel, a Dutch multinational company, in June 2012. He worked there for a year and then joined Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited as a Management Trainee. After a while, he was promoted to the position of sales specialist in the company. In 2014, he worked as an event coordinator at Lahore Grammar School in Paragon, Lahore. In February 2015, Malik co-founded Desi Tour Project, a Disco Tour Bus to explore the cultural and religious places of Pakistan.
From December 2018 to April 2019, worked for Multan Sultans, a Pakistani professional Twenty20 franchise cricket team, as operations and special projects head.
View this post on Instagram
Later, he joined Global Shapers Community as a curator. He has also worked as an Operations Director at Grassroots Cricket. In April 2019, Malik became the Managing Director of MLK Management, a cricket player management agency in Pakistan. Asser is the franchise owner of Last Man Stands, the world’s largest amateur cricket league, in Pakistan.
As of 2021, he is working as the General Manager High Performance for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
- Actress: Angelina Jolie
- Author: Guy Kawasaki
- Travel Destination: Switzerland
- Sport: Cricket
- Asser loves reading books in his leisure time.
- He is fluent in three languages- Hindi, English, and Urdu.
- Interestingly, just 4 months prior to her marriage with Asser Malik, Malala Yousafzai, during an interview for the British Vogue magazine, shared that she was not sure if she would ever marry someone in her life. She said,
I still don’t understand why people have to get married. If you want to have a person in your life, why do you have to sign marriage papers, why can’t it just be a partnership?”
- Asser Malik and Malala Yousafzai were spotted together for the first time during a cricket match in 2019. Later, they made many appearances at various cricket matches together.
- In July 2021, Asser was a part of Malala’s birthday celebrations. Later, he shared a picture from her birthday celebration in which they were posing with a cut-out of Shah Rukh Khan‘s poster on Twitter and wrote,
Happy Birthday to the most amazing @Malala @iamsrk had to make a necessary cameo of course.”
|↑1||LinkedIn- Asser Malik|