Aditi Ashok is an Indian golfer who was ranked 4th in the 2020 Summer Olympics which was held in Tokyo. In 2023, she bagged a silver at the Hangzhou 2022 Asian Games held in China.
Aditi Ashok was born on Sunday, 29 March 1998 (age 25 years; as of 2023) in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She did her schooling at The Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore. When Aditi was five years old, she went for lunch with her family at Karnataka Golf Association, where she noticed a few girls and boys playing golf and developed an interest in the game. At that time there were only three golf courses in Karnataka and her father enrolled her at the Karnataka Golf Association driving range from where she received her initial training in golf. She is an alumnus of Jain (Deemed-to-be University), Bengaluru, Karnataka. Jain University Official Website
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 57 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Pandit Ashok Gudlamani, works in real estate and is a golfer too. Her mother, Mash Ashok aka Maheshwari Ashok, used to work in the HR department, and later, she started working as a radio jockey.
When she was 12 years old, she participated in the Asia Pacific Invitation tournament. She participated in the National Junior Championship from 2012 to 2014. In 2013, she became the only Indian golfer to participate in the Asian Youth Games 2013, Youth Olympics 2014, and Asian Games 2014. India Today On 1 January 2016, she turned pro after winning the Ladies British Amateur Stroke Play Championship. On 1 January 2017, she became a full member of the Ladies Professional Golf Association. She has participated in various national and international tournaments like the Hero Women’s Indian Open (2016), Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro (2016), Summer Olympics (2020), and Asian Games (2023).
In 2016, she was ranked 41st in the Summer Olympics which were held in Rio de Janeiro. In 2021, she participated in the 2020 Summer Olympics in the women’s individual stroke play event. She was ranked 200th in the event. Her coaches are Bamby Randhawa (Former Coach), Tarun Sardesai (Former Coach), Nicolas Cabaret (Fitness), and Steven Giuliano (Golf). Her handedness in the game is right, and she is associated with Bangalore Golf Club.
- 2016: Qatar Ladies Open (LET)
- 2016: Hero Women’s Indian Open (LET)
- 2017: Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open (LET)
- 2020: Arjuna Award
- 2016: Rookie of the Year on LET
- 2016: No. 2 on the LET Order of Merit
- 2016: No. 1, Putting Average, LET (28.91)
- 2011: Usha Karnataka Junior, Southern India Junior, Faldo Series Asia – India, East India Tolly Ladies, All India Championship
- 2012: Usha Delhi Ladies, Usha Army Championship, All India Junior
- 2013: Asia Pacific Junior Championship
- 2014: Eastern India Ladies Amateur, Usha IGU All India Ladies & Girls Championship
- 2015: Army Ladies & Junior Championship, St Rule Trophy, Southern India Ladies & Junior Girls Championship, Ladies’ British Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship, Thailand Amateur Open Aditi Ashok’s Official Website
- 13 November 2016: LET Hero Women’s Indian Open
- 26 November 2016: LET Qatar Ladies Open
- 4 November 2017: LET Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open
- In December 2015, she became the youngest winner of LET Q-School
- First Indian to win LET 3 times
- No. 2 on LET 2016 Order of Merit highest by any Indian
- First Indian Rookie of the Year on the LET
- Youngest golfer (of 18 years and 4 months) to participate at the Rio Olympics (male or female)
- Only woman golfer from India to play at Rio Olympics
- The only golfer to have played Asian Youth Games, Youth Olympic Games, Asian Games, and Olympics
- Youngest of the Indian contingent at the Rio Olympics
- Youngest Indian golfer (male or female) at 19 years to have played all majors in 2017
- Youngest Indian to play all majors in one season
- Youngest Indian to qualify for the LPGA and LET tours
- First Indian to win Q school of any ranked international tour
- Played 23 major tournaments, the highest by an Indian professional golfer
- Finished amateur career at no 11 on WAGR’s highest ranking of Indians Aditi Ashok’s Official Website
- Golf Course: Old Course at St. Andrews
- Athlete: Babe Didrikson Zaharias
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog named Bailey.
- In her game, she mainly uses Puma golf apparel and Callaway golf clubs.
- She has been featured in print advertisements for various brands like Puma, Hero MotoCorp, and GolfLan.
- In 2012, she won a scholarship to attend IMG Academy, a sports academy in Florida, US.
- Her hobbies include reading books, listening to music, and collecting lapel pins.
- Her father was her caddie at the Rio Olympics 2016, and her mother was her caddie at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.