Arun Vijay is a popular Tamil movie actor. He is the son of the veteran South Indian actor Vijayakumar. One of his famous movie characters is Victor Manohar, Yennai Arindhaal (2015).
Arun was born on Saturday, 19 November 1977, (age 42 years; as in 2019) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Egmore and completed his studies from Loyola College, Chennai.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Arun belongs to Tamilian Hindu family. His father ‘Vijayakumar’ is the veteran actor of South Indian movies and his mother’s name is Muthukkannu. His father’s second wife is actress Manjula, who died in 2013. Arun has five sisters out of which two are his real sisters and three are his half-sisters. His real sisters are Kavitha Vijayakumar and Anitha Vijayakumar whereas, his half-sisters are Vanitha Vijayakumar (actress), Pritha Vijayakumar, and Sridevi Vijaykumar (actress).
In 2006, he got married to Aarathi Mohan (Daughter of Dr N. S. Mohan, film producer). They have a boy ‘Arnav Vijay’ and a girl ‘Purvi.’
When he was 18 years old, he debuted in the movie ‘Murai Mappillai’ 1995. After that, he appeared in many movies, but they did average business at the box- office. Some of his movies include Priyam Arimath (1996), Kathirunda Kadhal (1997), Thulli Thirintha Kalam (1998), Pandavar Bhoomi (2001) and Mutham (2002). He has worked in Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada movies.
His acting skills were critically acclaimed, but he did not get much recognition in the film industry.
After almost 17 years, his work got recognised in the movie Yennai Arindhaal (2015), starring Ajith Kumar. He played the negative character ‘Victor’ in Yennai Arindhaal. He worked hard in the gym to look perfect for this role, and he bagged many awards for his performance in the movie.
He started his own production company ‘In Cinemas Entertainment (ICE)’ in 2015.
He continued acting as well and appeared in the movies Chakravyuha (2016), Kuttram 23 (2017), Thadam (2018) and many more. In 2019, Arun Vijay appeared in the multi-starrer movie Sahoo.
One of his tweets made a controversy which was against ‘Sivakarthikeyan,’ the South- Indian Actor. Later, he clarified it by saying that his Twitter account was hacked. The post roughly meant that nowadays, everyone is turning into a mass hero, but the Tamil audience knows the truth.
- Food: South Indian cuisine
- Actor: Kamal Haasan
- Director: Mani Ratnam
- Colour: Black
- Sport(s): Skydiving and Cricket
- Arun Vijay was supposed to debut in A. R. Rahman‘s movie, but the project was delayed.
- In October 2006, he changed his name from Arunkumar to Arun Vijay with a hope that it would bring luck for him.
- His hobbies include horse riding, singing, and skydiving. He is a licensed skydiver approved by ‘United States Parachute Association.’
- He loves to work out in the gym and is one of the fittest actors of the South- Indian Films Industry.
- He loves animal and owns a dog ‘Rudhra.’
- He is actively involved in social welfare events.
- He owns a Jaguar (JLR India) and a pick-up truck.
- He has two tattoos-one on his left hand and other on his neck.