Aravind KP is an Indian professional bike racer who has, to his name, dozens of significant bike racing titles.
Aravind KP was born on Sunday, 8 December 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020) in Udupi, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Arvind was a motorcycle enthusiast since childhood. When he was a kid, he used to sneak out of his house on his father’s scooter, ride the scooter across his town, and then return home without getting caught. His interest in motorcycle racing sparked up when he was studying in class 10 and went to watch the Manipal Supercross motorcycle racing event, where TVS Racers were going up against Yamaha racers. Before that, he had only seen motorcycle racing on television, and it was his first time watching it live. Witnessing the thrilling sport live ignited the thought in him that he could also become like one of those racers. The journey of a dream began that day. Now, after a career of over 15 years, Aravind KP has successfully earned a name for himself in motorbike racing, both nationally and internationally.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
His father’s name is Prabhakara Upadhya, while his mother’s name is Usha Prabhakar.
He has a brother named Prashantha KP.
KP started his professional motorcycle racing career in 2006 by participating in a national-level motorcycle racing competition. He was 19 years old at that time. In the same year, TVS motorcycle company noticed him during the 2006 Gulf Dirt Track National Championship and signed him for an upcoming racing series. It was not a paid contract; however, he got the opportunity to race for free. As he honed his racing skills, TVS awarded him with a paid contract of three years followed by a renewal of two years. In 2011, he became the only Indian motorcycle racer to win an overseas motocross championship. In 2015, he participated in Maruthi Suzuki Raid De Himalaya (2500 Kms) competition and won all the off-road races except Sir.@Shyam Kothari racing event. In the OiLibya Rally, held in Morocco in 2016, he finished at the 25th position. In 2019, he became the second Indian motorcyclist after C. S. Santosh (finished 36th in Dakar Rally 2016) to finish Dakar Rally, a motorcycle rally raid annually organised by the Amaury Sport Organisation. Dakar Rally is considered one of the toughest rallies in the motorcycle racing sport.
Over the course of his career, Arvind has emerged victorious in over 18 national championships, which include dirt track, rallies, and motocross.
- KP has a scorpion tattoo on his right tricep and a star tattoo on his left shoulder.
- Ahead of his class 12 board exams, KP was promised by his parents that if he attained a score of over 80% marks in the board exams, they would buy him a racing bike. KP went on to attain 84.7% marks and was, consequently, rewarded with a Yamaha RX-135.
- In an interview, KP revealed his bond with the TVS Motor Company and said that the brand had been by his side even during his tough times. In 2012, KP hurt himself seriously during a racing competition in Sri Lanka. At that time, his contract with TVS was due for renewal. The doctors had said that his career was done for, looking at the seriousness of the injury. At that time, when the threat of his career being over was hovering over his head, TVS Motor Company showed trust in him. The officials of TVS Motor Company bought the contract papers in the hospital and signed him to the company, regardless of the time he would take to for getting back on track.
- In 2016, KP lent his voice to a character in the Kannada film “One Time.”
- In 2021, he participated in the reality TV game show Bigg Boss Kannada: Season 8, hosted by Sudeep on Colors Kannada.