Anjana Shajan was the first runner up of the 2019 Miss Kerala beauty pageant. She was also a model and a professional doctor.
Anjana Shajan was born in 1995 (age 26 years; as of 2021) in Hyderabad. She received her school education from Atomic Energy Central School 2- AECS2 Hyderabad. She then completed her graduation from Sri Chaitanya Jr College ECIL Hyderabad. Later, she pursued her medical education from KMCT Ayurveda Medical College and Post education from Kerala University of Health and Science.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 58 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The names of her parents are not known. She has a brother named Arjun who works as a software engineer in Kochi, Kerala.
In 2019, Anjana Shajan was the first runner up of the Miss Kerala Beauty Pageant.
Anjana was honoured with the Miss Photogenic title during the competition.
She was also awarded Miss Beautiful Smile title during the pageant.
In 2019, she made her film debut with the South Indian movie titled Sivan Ceepee. This film was directed by South Indian director Kammal.
In 2020, Anjana Shajan started working as a doctor at MCT Medical College Hospital, Manashery, Kerala soon after completing her MBBS.
Anjana Shajan’s last television appearance was an advertisement of the Kalyan Silk sarees. Various renowned television commercials featured her as a model.
Anjana Shajan was died on 1 November 2021 in a road accident in Kochi along with the Miss Kerala 2019 ‘Ansi Kabeer.’ On 1 November 2021 at 1 am, Anjana Shajan, along with the Miss Kerala 2019, Ansi Kabeer, was killed in a road accident at the National Highway stretch in between Vytilla and Palarivattom near Holiday Inn Hotel in Kerala. They were close friends and were travelling together after finishing their modelling photoshoot. Their overspeeding car hit the tree while saving a two-wheeler. The police statement on their accident was,
On account of the impact of the accident, the car was totally damaged and the two winners of the beauty event died on the spot. Both women died immediately after the accident. Both women died immediately after the accident. Out of the two co-passengers, one person is critical. Both are currently under treatment at the Ernakulam Medical Centre.”
- In her leisure time, Anjana used to do sketching, travelling to different locations and shopping.
- In a conversation with a media house, Anjana Shajan talked about her inspiration to become a model. She narrated that her mother, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Manushi Chillar were her inspirations. She stated,
My Mother is my first inspiration. I have also been inspired by Aiswarya Rai Bachchan and Manushi Chillar.”
- Several commercial brands and products were regularly promoted by Anjana Shajan on her social media accounts. On her Instagram and Facebook account, she had a large number of followers.
- According to Anjana Shajan, being positive was her greatest strength throughout her Miss Kerala journey. In an interview with a media reporter, she explained,
Positivity! I was enjoying every moment of the pageant and was positive throughout my Miss Kerala journey. I must also mention that all the contestants were very friendly and we all became friends instantly. I felt more like I was back in hostel. It didn’t feel like a competition at all. That really helped to stay positive.”
- Anjana used to post pictures of her pet dog on her social media account. She was an avid animal lover.
- Apart from being a medical practitioner, Anjana Shajan chose to be a model in 2019. In a conversation with a media person, she explained,
I will continue my profession as a doctor. I would also like to do my bit for the society by joining an NGO. I feel that I can reach out to more people now since I have a title. So I would like to help the society in whatever way I can. When it comes to my passion of modelling, if good opportunities comes my way for acting and modelling, I would like to take it up.”