Anangsha Biswas is an Indian model and actor. She shot to fame with her role in the Netflix movie “Ashcharyachakit!.”
Anangsha Biswas was born in Kolkata. She attended Pratt Memorial School, Kolkata and Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata. During her school days, she was not very inclined towards studies; she always wanted to be an actress. She came to Mumbai after she won the Kolkata round of an acting talent hunt reality show; however, she came back to Kolkata after getting eliminated. Anangsha had to turn into a rebel as her parents were not in favour of her choosing acting as a career. Apart from act`ing in Bollywood films, she has also appeared in music videos and short films.
Family & Caste
Anangsha was born in a Hindu Kayastha Family. She was brought up in a conservative environment and her parents did not approve of her choosing acting as a profession.
She has an elder sister, Aprajita.
Anangsha Biswas started her career as a theatre artist in Mumbai. She has also acted in Bengali Films. Biswas received training in acting from The Australian Film & Television Academy (TAFTA), Australia.
She made her debut on the silver screen with Sudhir Mishra’s “Khoya Khoya Chand,” which also starred Soha Ali Khan and Shiney Ahuja. Since then, there has been no looking back for Anangsha.
Subsequently, she was spotted by the director Sameer Sharma who saw her play “Special Bond,” and called her for an audition. Thereafter, she landed up the second lead in Kunal Kapoor-Huma Qureshi starrer “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana.”
She appeared in drama series “Maaya 2,” which also starred Priyal Gor, Leena Jumani, and Pranav Sachdev. In 2018, she was seen on Amazon Prime’s web series “Mirzapur.” Anangsha was also seen in Netflix’s movie “Ascharyachakit!.”
In 2019, she was seen in Arshad Warsi-starrer “Fraud Saiyaan.”
Biswas has also starred in short films, Andheri and Cell Trap.
- Actresses: Smita Patil, Madhubala, Meryl Streep
- Director: Anurag Kashyap
- Authors: William Boyd, Hussain Zaidi, Karan Anshuman
- When she was a child, she used to reside in Park Circus, Kolkata.
- While shooting for “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana,” she developed a great bond with Huma Qureshi. They shared the same passion for cinema and food.
- She loves cats.
- Biswas is a voracious reader.
- She is fluent in English, Hindi, and Bengali.
- Biswas considers herself sapiosexual.
- She loves to wear sarees.
- Anangsha is a trained Kathak dancer, and has also learned classical music.
- She is good friends with singer, Jaspinder Narula.
- In an interview, she mentioned that she got her elder sister reprimanded when she was 9 years old. She said that she gave a “stellar crying performance” while narrating how her sister beat her up to her mother, after her mother came back home one evening.