Alba Baptista is an established Portuguese-Brazilian actress. Alba began her acting career in 2014, at the age of 16, with the short film ‘Miami.’ In the same year, she also made her debut on Portuguese TV with a soap opera ‘Jardins Proibidos.’ Afterward, she appeared in several Portuguese television series as well as movies. Alba gained recognition from international casting directors at the European film festival, ‘Subtitle,’ in Ireland. She won the title of ‘Revelation actress.’ She struck international stardom in 2020, after portraying the lead role of ‘Ava’ in the Netflix series ‘Warrior Nun.’
Alba Baptista was born on Thursday, 10 July 1997 (age 23 years; as in 2020), in Lisbon, Portugal. During her childhood, Alba traveled a lot along with her family, and she spent most of her childhood in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Color: Medium Blonde
Eye Color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
In an interview, Alba revealed that her mother, a translator, went to Rio de Janeiro for work when she met the actress’s father, a mechanical engineer. Because of her father’s profession, Alba and her family traveled a lot, but she has spent most of her childhood in Lisbon, Portugal. She is the youngest of three siblings.
Relationships, Husband & Children
In 2014, she made her debut on Portuguese TV with a soap opera ‘Jardins Proibidos,’ playing the lead role of ‘Inês Correia.’
Later, she starred in several other Portuguese television series, such as A Impostora (2015), Filha da Lei (2017), Madre Paula (2017), A Criação (2017), Sim, Chef (2017), País Irmão (2018), and Jogo Duplo (2018). In 2020, she starred in a Netflix series, ‘Warrior Nun,’ which made her an international star. It is her first English language role.
Alba began her acting career in films in 2014, at the age of 16, with the short film ‘Miami,’ by Simão Cayette. For her performance, she received the Best Actress Award at the Festival Ibérico de Ciné.
Later, she featured in various Portuguese films, such as Leviano (2014), Caminhos Magnétykos (2018), Summerfest (2018), Nero (2018), and ‘Linhas de Sangue (2018).’
Thereafter, she also appeared in Imagens Proibidas (2019), Patrick (2019), and Fatima (2020).
- 2018 – Angela Award Revelation ‘Newcomer,’ at Subtitle European Film Festival
- 2019 – Nomination Globo de Ouro “Year Revelation”
- 2019 – Award NICO Actress Revelation – by Academia Portuguesa de Cinema
- 2019 – Nomination Award CineEuphoria “Best Supporting Actress”, film “Leviano”
- Portuguese dish: Amêijoas à Bulhão Pato (Clams with lemon and garlic)
- American dish: A warm apple pie
- Celebrity: Johnny Depp Marlon Brando Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart
- Movies: Leon, The Professional, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Book: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Salary & Net Worth
- Alba Baptista is an occasional smoker and drinker.
- Alba speaks five languages fluently: Portuguese, English, French, German, and Spanish.
- The Lisbon native, Alba Baptista, considered moving to London at one point, to study acting. She was also offered a scholarship, but she dropped the plan and continued to work. She was of the opinion that acting cannot be taught in schools. In an interview, she said,
My technique is my instinct and I don’t think you can teach that; there’s no mathematical formula to teach that.’