Sarah Cooper is an American author and comedian. She became famous after she began posting videos of her lip-syncing to the statements made by the 45th US President Donald Trump in early 2020.
Sarah Anne Cooper was born on Monday, December 19, 1977 (age 42 years; as in 2019), in Jamaica. Her zodiac sign is Saggitarius.
In 1980, she moved with her family to Rockville, Maryland. She did her Bachelor’s in Economics from the University of Maryland. In the final year of her graduation, she did a multimedia design course. She attained her Master’s degree in Digital Design from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Her father worked as an electrical engineer for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Her mother was in the human resources department of a consulting company.
She has a sister named Charmaine Cooper who is Nurse.
While working at Google, she met Jeff Palm, an engineer there. Soon, they started dating, and in 2015, the couple got married.
She started her career by working for Yahoo in San Francisco as a user experience designer. At the age of 30, she left her job to pursue a career in acting, which didn’t work out well. Soon, she started working as a stand-up comedian in Atlanta. However, she got little to no pay for her comedy gigs. Soon, she got a job at Google as a user experience designer. While working for Google Docs, she continued to write and perform stand-ups.
In 2014, she launched a blog by the name ‘The Cooper Review.’
In the blog, she wrote a blog post titled ’10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings’ that went viral with five million views. Later that year, she left Google to pursue writing and comedy as a full-time career. In 2016, her first book ‘100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get By Without Even Trying’ was published by Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing.
She has written two more books: Draw What Success Looks Like (2016) and How to Be Successful Without Hurting Men’s Feelings (2018).
In spring 2020, she started posting a series of videos of lip-synced statements made by Donald Trump (on the topic of potential cures for the 2019 coronavirus) on TikTok. Subsequently, she started to post more satirical videos on Trump, which went viral and received huge media and public attention. Her videos were reviewed as examples of how comedians can perform political satire without any audience. According to her,
I had taken away the suit and the podium and the people behind him smiling and nodding and calling him “sir,” and all that was left were his empty words, which, in reality, were not the best. It felt like the antidote to the gaslighting. I don’t know if Trump has seen them, but I’m starting to think he might not realize I’m making fun of him. Maybe he’s even flattered by my reenactments of all the preposterous things he gets away with saying on an hourly basis. But I am hoping he won’t get away with them much longer. And if my videos help some people who’ve mentally checked out of politics check back in again, I’m all for it. This is the year. Make sure you vote. Make sure you get involved and don’t remain silent about the issues you care about. As much as I love making these videos, my dream is to fire my head writer and move on to new material.”
- Since her childhood, she was into performing arts. Talking about it, she said,
I wanted to be a singer at first. But I was told I didn’t have a good voice, which was difficult. Then I found theater. I was on stage a lot in high school.”
- In 2020, she appeared in American comedy miniseries ‘Home Movie: The Princess Bride,’ which is based on the 1987 film of the same name. She played the role of ‘Inigo Montoya’ in the series.
- Sarah is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named Stella.
- In August 2020, it was announced by Netflix that Sarah will get her own comedy series on Netflix titled ‘Sarah Cooper: Everything’s Fine,’ which will feature vignettes on politics, race, gender, class, and other light subjects.
- In 2016, she opened her own YouTube channel ‘ Sarah Cooper’ in which she posts satirical videos. Her channel has more than 283K subscribers. She has another YouTube channel called ‘The Cooper Review,’ but she hasn’t posted any videos on the channel for a long time.
- Sarah Cooper is fond of driving and owns a Ferrari.